DAYTON — Authorities say an electrical fire led to part of a western Ohio hospital being evacuated on New Year's Day and a firefighter treated for injuries.
Dayton fire officials say it happened at about 5:30 p.m. when a fire started inside the electrical room in the basement at Good Samaritan Hospital. WHIO-TV reports that patients from the intensive care unit and emergency room had to be moved to a different part of the hospital because of the smoke.
About 50 Dayton firefighters and medics responded. District Chief James Rose said one firefighter was treated for possible smoke inhalation.
Firefighters used fans to vent the smoke out of the building.39.75895 -84.1916
- Actor, Ohio native Sheen to receive honorary degree
- Last raiders present medal to Air Force museum
- Camera citations up in Dayton amid legal battle
- Dayton police trained to reduce lethal force used on dogs
- 2nd judge rejects Ohio traffic camera limits