NILES, Ohio — The State Highway Patrol says an Ohio police officer was injured after his marked police cruiser was struck by another vehicle whose driver then tried to leave the scene.
The patrol says Officer Daniel Myers of Niles was treated for minor injuries and released from the hospital following the early Sunday morning crash.
Myers was legally parked in the driveway of a private business when another vehicle went off the right side of the road, striking the police cruiser shortly after 1 a.m.
The patrol says the driver left the scene of the crash, and he was stopped by Niles police several miles from the crash site.
Police arrested the 20-year-old driver on charges of underage drinking, driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident.41.18283 -80.76536
- Plane diverts to Columbus airport after alleged threats
- OSU marching band to visit London for NFL event
- 1 dead after multiple people stabbed in SW Ohio
- Bill would allow privatization of 2nd Ohio prison
- Central Ohio highway remains closed after tanker fire