HEBRON, Ohio — Authorities say an early morning police chase and crash led a central Ohio school district to close down for the day.
Police in Hebron, east of Columbus, were searching for at least one suspect who fled the scene after a car crashed into a fence at the Lakewood High School football field early today.
The chase began when an officer tried to make a traffic stop at about 2:30 a.m., and the car fled, finally crashing at the high school.
Authorities decided to close schools while police searched for the suspect on school grounds. The search was called off later in the morning.39.96173 -82.49126
- Lost body, wrong corpse at viewing leads to suit
- Medal of Arts to be awarded to Ohio artist, professor
- Prosecutor clears deputy who fatally shot man in Akron
- Utah investigating rock art graffiti
- Media, lawmakers seek records in Ohio charter school flap