The Toledo Walleye have extended qualifying offers to five players for the 2013-14 season.
The organization has offered contracts to forwards Aaron Bogosian, Adam Hobson, Joey Martin, and Travis Novak, along with defenseman Nathan Martine.
The ECHL today released the list of players who received qualifying offers from the league's teams by the June 30 deadline.
Each team was entitled to reserve the rights to a maximum of eight players. Players who had already signed a contract by June 30 did not need to receive a qualifying offer.
The qualifying offers will remain open until Aug. 1 and then they become null and void.
The Walleye had reserved the rights to 15 players, eight forwards and seven defensemen. Toledo coach Nick Vitucci said he hoped to bring back about a dozen of those players.
The other players on the list were forwards Nino Musitelli, Kyle Rogers, Randy Rowe, and Stephon Thorne. The defensemen on the list were Cody Lampl, Wes O'Neill, Phil Oreskovic, Phil Rauch, Joey Ryan, and Erik Spady.
But Vitucci said some of those players may verbally agree to sign a contract and a qualifying offer would not need to be extended to those players.
Vitucci also said he would not send out qualifying offers to the four veterans on the list because they can still opt to become free agents. Vitucci said he would likely offer contracts to forwards Rogers and Rowe and defensemen Oreskovic and O'Neill in early August.
Each team can have no more than four veterans on the roster, players that have played in more than 260 pro games.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.