• A Roar and More, 10-11 a.m. Feb. 6, Sylvania Branch Library program to be held at Olander Park. Park naturalists will introduce a variety of cats, from kitties to wild cats. Meet at Olander Park. Registration required: 419-882-2089.
• Talk by William Hablitzel, author of Dying Was the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me, during reception at the Kingston Residence, 4125 King Rd., Sylvania, 6:30 p.m. Jan. 31. Meditation and discussion of energy healing follows.
• Sylvania Lacrosse Gala Dinner, 6-11 p.m. March 8, Holland Gardens Banquet Hall, 6530 Angola Ave., Holland. Buffet dinner, live entertainment, silent auctions, and game of chance. For tickets, call 419- 829-2663.
• Euchre tournament at Knights of Columbus Hall, 4256 Secor Rd., 7:30 p.m. Feb. 1. Entry, $5.
• Hope Co-op Preschool open house, 2201 Secor Rd. at Indian Road, 6-8:30 p.m. Jan. 31. Information: 419-536-8383.
• Emmanuel Christian School open house, 4607 Laskey Rd., 1-3 p.m. Feb. 2 for grades K-12.
• Little Flower Parish card party, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Feb. 14 in the O'Grady Center, 5522 Dorr St. at Olimphia. Lunch and desserts served at noon. Tallies, $6. Reservations: 419-536-9058.
• Block Kids Competition for Toledo Public Schools' fifth-grade students, held by the National Association of Women in Construction, Toledo Chapter 282, beginning 9 a.m. Feb. 2 in the new Start High School cafeteria, 2010 Tremainsville Rd. Use the back glass doors. National program to promote interest in construction. For more information, phone: 419-392-8718.
• Valentine's Day Tea and Romance Giveaway by the Maumee Valley Chapter of Romance Writers of America, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 2, Sanger Branch Library, West Central Avenue. Five authors will attend. Tea and finger food served. Free romance novels while supplies last.
• Super Bowl XLII for grades K-6 at West Toledo Branch Library, West Sylvania Avenue, 6:30 p.m. Jan. 31. Games, snacks, and activities.
• Book sale at Sanger Branch Library, 3030 West Central Ave., 1-4:30 p.m. Feb. 8 and 10 and 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 9. Last day, $3 per bag.
• Teens can become better drivers after they watch audio/video clips of risky driving. Free presentation is open to the public, 7 p.m. Feb. 7 at 2727 North Holland Sylvania Road, Unit A. Reservations: 419-382-9333.
• AMVETS Post 1010, fish fry dinners: 4-7 p.m. Feb. 8, 15, 22, 29, March 7, 14, 21, at the VFW Post 3265, Point Place, 5416 Summit St. Use side doors. Cost, $7.
• Point Place Writers' Group, Point Place Branch Library, 117th Street, 9:30-11 a.m. the second Saturday each month for coffee, creative writing exercises, and the chance to meet other writers.
• Soup, salad, and sandwich Saturday, Pope John Paul II School Hall, 3233 Lagrange St., 2-5 p.m. Feb. 2. Cost, $6. Soup samplers, 50 cents each. Takeout available.
• Neighborhood Super Bowl Party at St. Paul's United Methodist Church, 1201 Madison St., 5:30 p.m. Feb. 3. Free sandwich and snacks. Information: 419-243-8284, weekdays.
• PERI Chapter 4, monthly meeting, 1:30 p.m. Feb. 6 at 420 South Reynolds Rd.