• A Roar and More, 10-11 a.m. Feb. 6, Sylvania Branch Library program to be held at Olander Park. Park naturalists will introduce a variety of cats, from kitties to wild cats. Meet at Olander Park. Registration required: 419-882-2089.
• Talk by William Hablitzel, author of Dying Was the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me, during reception at the Kingston Residence, 4125 King Rd., Sylvania, 6:30 p.m. Jan. 31. Meditation and discussion of energy healing follows.
• Sylvania Lacrosse Gala Dinner, 6-11 p.m. March 8, Holland Gardens Banquet Hall, 6530 Angola Ave., Holland. Buffet dinner, live entertainment, silent auctions, and game of chance. For tickets, call 419- 829-2663.
• Euchre tournament at Knights of Columbus Hall, 4256 Secor Rd., 7:30 p.m. Feb. 1. Entry, $5.
• Hope Co-op Preschool open house, 2201 Secor Rd. at Indian Road, 6-8:30 p.m. Jan. 31. Information: 419-536-8383.
• Emmanuel Christian School open house, 4607 Laskey Rd., 1-3 p.m. Feb. 2 for grades K-12.
• Little Flower Parish card party, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Feb. 14 in the O'Grady Center, 5522 Dorr St. at Olimphia. Lunch and desserts served at noon. Tallies, $6. Reservations: 419-536-9058.
• Block Kids Competition for Toledo Public Schools' fifth-grade students, held by the National Association of Women in Construction, Toledo Chapter 282, beginning 9 a.m. Feb. 2 in the new Start High School cafeteria, 2010 Tremainsville Rd. Use the back glass doors. National program to promote interest in construction. For more information, phone: 419-392-8718.
• Valentine's Day Tea and Romance Giveaway by the Maumee Valley Chapter of Romance Writers of America, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 2, Sanger Branch Library, West Central Avenue. Five authors will attend. Tea and finger food served. Free romance novels while supplies last.
• Super Bowl XLII for grades K-6 at West Toledo Branch Library, West Sylvania Avenue, 6:30 p.m. Jan. 31. Games, snacks, and activities.
• Book sale at Sanger Branch Library, 3030 West Central Ave., 1-4:30 p.m. Feb. 8 and 10 and 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 9. Last day, $3 per bag.
• Teens can become better drivers after they watch audio/video clips of risky driving. Free presentation is open to the public, 7 p.m. Feb. 7 at 2727 North Holland Sylvania Road, Unit A. Reservations: 419-382-9333.
• AMVETS Post 1010, fish fry dinners: 4-7 p.m. Feb. 8, 15, 22, 29, March 7, 14, 21, at the VFW Post 3265, Point Place, 5416 Summit St. Use side doors. Cost, $7.
• Point Place Writers' Group, Point Place Branch Library, 117th Street, 9:30-11 a.m. the second Saturday each month for coffee, creative writing exercises, and the chance to meet other writers.
• Soup, salad, and sandwich Saturday, Pope John Paul II School Hall, 3233 Lagrange St., 2-5 p.m. Feb. 2. Cost, $6. Soup samplers, 50 cents each. Takeout available.
• Neighborhood Super Bowl Party at St. Paul's United Methodist Church, 1201 Madison St., 5:30 p.m. Feb. 3. Free sandwich and snacks. Information: 419-243-8284, weekdays.
• PERI Chapter 4, monthly meeting, 1:30 p.m. Feb. 6 at 420 South Reynolds Rd.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.