• Southview Parent Club Garage Sale, Southview High School, 7225 Sylvania, Ave., 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Oct. 16. Furniture, clothing, books, appliances, jewelry, toys, and more.
• Fayette Friends 4 the Fields Texas Hold'em Tournament, Fayette American Legion, registration 12 p.m., games 1 p.m., Oct. 16. Cost: $30 ($10,000 chips). First 100 registered play. Refreshments and food available. Raffles and prizes. Satellite games begin at 10 a.m., $10 per person at a four-person table. Information: Deb Leininger, 419-237-2951.
• Euchre Tournament, Knights of Columbus Hall Council 3122, 4256 Secor Rd., 7 p.m., Oct. 15. Entry fee: $5.
• Blue Ribbon Coin and Stamp Show, St. Clements Hall, 2990 Tremainsville Rd., 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Oct. 17.
• Rummage Sale, Regina Coeli Church, 530 Regina Pkwy., 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Oct. 15, and 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Oct. 16 with $2 bag day, three bags $5.
• St. Vincent De Paul 55+ Club meeting at the Oswald Center, 3187 Brigham St., 1 p.m., Oct. 19. History of the Dionne Quintuplets, with guest Louise Brubaker. Information: 419-476-4686.
• Community Festival sponsored by St. Mark Baptist Church Choir and pastor's aides, 1419 North Detroit Ave., 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Oct. 16. All are invited for a day of food, fun, and games. Call 419-537-9047.
• Super-Duper Bake Sale and Raffle, Friendship Park Community Center, 2930 131st St., Oct. 13-15. Funds for the center and the MS Society. 419-936-3079.
• Antique Road Show, Friendship Park Community Center, 2930 131st St., 12-4 p.m., Oct. 16. Admission: $5 to have two items appraised, $2 to look.
• Fall Rummage Sale, Point Place United Church of Christ, 4920 297th St., 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Oct. 15, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Oct. 16. Last day bag sales. Enter from side door on 117th St.
• Parenting Young Children for parents of children from birth to 12 at the Fulton County Board of Developmental Disabilities, Ottokee St., 5:30-7:30 p.m., Oct. 14, 21, and 26. Child care available. Funded by the Fulton County Family First Council and Ohio Children's Trust Fund. Through grant funding, many Fulton County residents can participate at no cost; others may register for $50 per person. Call 419-337-9210.
• Nursing Mom's Group meeting every first Thursday of the month from 10-11:30 a.m. at Crossroads Church, 845 East Leggett St. For information: Alanna, Amy, or Maureen at 419-337-6979.
• Cody Brown Memorial Ride starting at Toledo Harley-Davidson, 7960 West Central Ave., ending at Zekes, 1950 Eber Rd., Holland, registration 11 a.m., Oct. 17. Bikes and cars leave at noon. Cost: $10 per person includes food and drink. Cash bar. If not in ride dinner can be purchased for $5. tRummage Sale at Toledo Elks Lodge, 3520 Holland-Sylvania Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Oct. 13-14, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Oct. 15, with $2 bag day. Bake sale. Sponsored by Emblem Club 500.
• The Historic Woodlawn Cemetery hosting a free family event with guided tours and hands on activities, 1502 West Central Ave., 1-5 p.m., Oct. 24. Walking tours, camera clinic, bird watching, and more. Register by Oct. 20: e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-472-2186.
• Heartbeat of Toledo Pregnancy Support Center's fund-raising breakfast at Gladieux Meadows, 4480 Heatherdowns Blvd., 7:30 a.m., Oct. 14. Reservations: 419-241-9131.
• Toledo Astronomical Association with Olander Park District has scheduled a viewing at Sylvan Prairie Park on Brint Rd. west of Centennial, Sylvania, 7-10 p.m., Oct. 15. Free, but weather dependent. Information: toledoastronomy.org or Frank S. Merritt, email@example.com, 419-535-8775.
• National Feral Cat Day 10th Anniversary, two spay and neuter events and a Spay Patrol Walk in Toledo's 43609 ZIP Code, Oct. 16. Humane Ohio along with volunteers will be humanely trapping free-roaming cats in 43609 area, then cats will be spayed or neutered and vaccinated. Volunteers needed. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 419-266-5607.
• Lunch Hour Yoga with Jenn McCullough, certified instructor, 135 North Michigan St., the Davis Building, four week session, 12-1 p.m., Mondays, Oct. 18-Nov. 8; and 12-1 p.m., Wednesdays, Oct. 20-Nov. 9. 419-724-4230.
• Motown Night Out, Local 12 UAW Civil Rights Committee at the hall, 2300 Ashland Ave., 7 p.m.-noon, Oct. 16. Live entertainment, door prizes, cash bar, more. Information: Paul Rickman, 419-241-9126, ext. 17 or Connie Darrington, 419-260-6777.
• Living Downstream film presented by the Toledo Branch AAUW, University of Toledo, Driscoll Center, 2801 West Bancroft, on second floor in the Schmakel Room, 8:30 a.m., Oct. 16. Based on book by ecologist and cancer survivor, Sandra Steingraber. A panel of local environmental experts will discuss film and answer questions. Cost: $5, free for students, includes a light breakfast. Reservations: Gail Conrad, 419-824-0917 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Friends of the Library book sale, Reynolds Corner Shopping Center, 1301 North Reynolds Rd., Oct. 14-16. Information: toledolibrary.org or 419-259-5455.
• 4th Annual Spaghetti Dinner and Silent Auction fund-raiser for the Toledo City Bicycle Cooperative at Saint Mark's Episcopal Church, 2272 Collingwood Blvd., 6 p.m., Oct. 24. Tickets are $10 and include one entry into a drawing. They can be purchased at the Bike co-op or at the door. The nonprofit organization recycles, repairs, and reconditions used bicycles. 419-386-6090.
• Music in the Grand Manor, Wildwood Preserve, Living Room and Solarium, 5100 West Central Ave., 10:30 a.m.-noon, Oct. 15. Morning concert followed by the Manor House buffet luncheon. Reservations required, cost $10. 419-407-9700.
• First Thirty Years of U.S. Navy program celebrates the Navy's birthday, presented by American Legion Post 335 at the Toledo Club, 235 14th St., lunch at 11:30 a.m., program at 12:30 p.m. today. Cost: $14 per person.
• St. Francis de Sales High School with SFS Mothers' and Fathers' Clubs, invite parents of sons grades 4-12 to hear Father Ronald Olszewski, speak on “Raising Ordinary Boys Into Extraordinary Men,” in the SFS Chapel, 2323 West Bancroft St., 7 p.m., Oct. 14.
• “A Walk Down 5th Avenue” a benefit fashion show for the Toledo Animal Shelter and Assistance Dogs of America at Inverness Club, 4601 Dorr St., doors open at 10:30a.m., Oct. 28. Tickets: $40 for general admission and $50 for best in show, available by calling Carole Buchanan, 419-661-1654, Rhonda Dekoninck, 419-824-3622, ext. 221, or benefitfashionshow.com.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.