• “Music with a Message,” Southview's Center for Performing Arts, 7225 Sylvania Ave., 7:30 tonight. Mixed chorus. Information: Sue Thompson, Southview director of vocal music, 419-824-8580, ext. 6118. Free.
• Rummage Sale, Sylvania United Church of Christ, 7240 Erie St., Sylvania, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday. Clothing bag, $3 from 8 a.m.-noon; fill a bag for $2 from noon-2 p.m.
• Trunk or Treat Event, Advent Lutheran Church, 6735 Sylvania Ave., 4-6 p.m., Saturday. Face painting, games, paint pumpkins, helium balloons, and glowing bracelets. 419-882-3701.
• Sylvania Northview High School Sports Benefit, Holland Gardens, 6530 Angola Rd., doors open 6:30 p.m., dinner 7 p.m., Nov. 12. Reverse raffle, silent auction, and many other games of chance. Cost: $60 includes dinner, open bar, and one raffle. Information or to purchase tickets: Christ Irwin, athletic director, 419-824-5113 by Nov. 5.
• St. Elias Holiday Bazaar, 4940 Harroun Rd., 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Nov. 4. Thirty area craftsmen, Syrian-Lebanese foods, ethnic pastries; baked items and beverages available 9-11 a.m., Middle Eastern foods, a la carte, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Wheelchair accessible. Information: 419-882-4037.
• Fall Classes at the Office of Village Life, 3602 Indian Rd. Children's classes, young adult classes, and adult classes. For information: 419-537-9852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• I.M.A. 2010 Fall Dance, Conn-Weissenberger American Legion Hall, 2020 West Alexis Rd., doors open 1 p.m., lunch 2 p.m., music 3-7 p.m., Nov. 7. Cost: $10 members, $13 nonmembers. Frank Marovcik Band. Reservations with payment to: I.M.A. c/o Patty Muszynski, 3702 Hazelhurst Ave., Toledo, 43612.
• Toledo Dollhouse and Miniature Show and Sale, St. Clement Hall, 2990 Tremainsville Rd., 4-9 p.m., Friday, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday. Admission: $5 adults, $2 children 5-15, under 5 free. Information: Linda Frye, 513-861-0704, Lindafryeminis@gmail.com, or 3blindmiceshow.com.
• Picker's night, 7:30 to 11 p.m. the first and third Tuesday of each month, American Legion Post 468 at 55809 Centennial Rd. All guitar pickers welcome. Pickers eat free and receive three free drink tickets. 419-601-4653.
• The Warehouse Massacre, Haunted House, 1025 Brown Ave. (less than 1 mile from University of Toledo), 7 p.m.-midnight, Friday and Saturday. Cost: $10 adults, $5 youth under 18. Information: email@example.com, or 567-686-3554.
• Music, dancing, jam session, 7:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, VFW Post 3265, 5416 North Summit St. Area musicians invited to participate. 419-729-9282.
• Halloween Hoopla in downtown Swanton, 4-6 p.m., Saturday. Trick or Treat at downtown Swanton businesses. A night of fun and fright. All ages welcome.
• Holy Trinity Parish's 7th Annual Shopportunity, Community room, 2649 U.S. 20, Assumption, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 6. Including items from Avon, Celebrating Home, Gourmet Coffee, Mary Kay, Miche Bags, Pampered Chef, and many others. Information: Toni Bennett, 419-644-6933 or Tori Incorvaia, 419-260-0451.
• Chili Cook-Off and Craft Show, Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Rt. 109, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday. Food, drinks, games, entertainment for children, and more.
• Parenting Class for parents of children birth to 12, Wauseon Primary School, 940 East Leggett St., 9 a.m.-noon, Tuesday. Presented by Cheryl Barber Spires, Ohio State University Extension. 1, 2, 3 Magic! provides information on setting limits, applying consistent consequences, behavior, and strengthening relationships. Many Fulton County parents will be able to participate at no cost with grant funding, others may register for a fee. Information and to register by Monday: 419-337-9210.
• Medicare Check-Up Day 2010, Fulton County Senior Center, 240 Clinton St., 10 a.m., Nov. 9. Free service by the Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program. Learn ways to stay informed, stay healthy, and save money.
• Nursing Mom's Group meeting every first Thursday of the month from 10-11:30 a.m. at Crossroads Church, 845 East Leggett St. For information: Alanna, Amy, or Maureen at 419-337-6979.
• Bowling fund-raiser for Tyler Troutman, 25-year-old single father who suffered from a stroke and had brain surgery in April, Glass Bowl Lanes, 5133 Telegraph Rd., noon-6 p.m. Nov. 6. Proceeds to help pay his essential day-to-day bills. Cost: $20 and includes three games of bowling and a spaghetti dinner.
• Arts and Crafts Show and Sale, Bowsher High School Art Department, 2200 Arlington Ave., 8:30a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday. In conjunction with the show, Boosters will serve a pancake breakfast, 8:30 a.m.-noon.
• Behind the Scenes, Wildwood Preserve Manor House, 5100 West Central Ave., 7-9 p.m., Nov. 3. Cost: $9. Reservations, 419-407-9700.
• Hairspray at Notre Dame Academy, Ave Maria Performing Arts Center, 3535 West Sylvania Ave., 7 p.m., Friday, and 2 p.m., Sunday. Students from Notre Dame Academy, St. John's Jesuit, and St. Francis de Sales high schools involved with production. Tickets: $12 adults, $8 students. For tickets, 419-475-9359.
• “A Walk Down 5th Avenue,” Inverness Club, 4601 Dorr St., doors open 10:30 a.m., tomorrow. A benefit fashion show for the Toledo Animal Shelter and Assistance Dogs of America. Fashion and lunch. Tickets: $40 general admission, $50 for Best in Show, by calling Carole Buchanan, 419-661-1654, Rhonda DeKoninck, 419-824-3622, ext. 221 or benefitfashionshow.com.
• Toledo GROWs (Gardens Revitalize Our World) benefit dinner hosted by the comuunity gardening outreach program of Toledo Botanical Gardens, Manos Greek Restaurant, 1701 Adams St., 6-9 p.m., tomorrow. Tickets: $20 in advance and $30 at the door, 419-537-5556.
• St. Francis de Sales High School Hall of Fame Ceremony and Dinner, Gladieux Meadows, 4480 Heatherdowns Blvd., cocktails 6 p.m., 7 p.m. dinner, 7:45awards, tomorrow. Kathy Gullette, 419-531-1618 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Catharine S. Eberly Center for Women, University of Toledo, Tucker Hall, 2801 West Bancroft St., offers computer lab, scholarships, mentor programs, advocacy, and more. Information: 419-530-8570.
• Calling Out the Best of the Best Skateboard Contest, Highland Skatepark, 1690 South Ave., Saturday. Sign up at Skateboard Heaven, 2540 Tremainsville Rd., 419-407-1000 or SK8BOARDHEAVEN.com.
• Meet the Candidates Night, VFW Post 2898, 3925 West Alexis Rd., 7 tonight.
• Sunday Chamber Concerts, Trinity Episcopal Church, One Trinity Plaza, 1:30 p.m., Sunday. Free admission.
• St. Paul's United Methodist Church Rummage Sale, 2439 Tremainsville Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m., today.
• Veterans Fair and Appreciation Lunch, Gladieux Meadows, 4480 Heatherdowns Blvd., fair 9-11 a.m., lunch 11 a.m.-noon, Nov. 11. Cost: Free. Reservations by Nov. 3, 419-213-4315.
• Glass City Singles Halloween costume night, Gladieux Meadows, 4480 Heatherdowns Blvd., 8 p.m.-midnight, Friday. Cost: $8. 734-856-8963, ToledoSingles.com.
• Ecumenical Bereavement Support Group, St. Patrick of Heatherdowns Parish, Emmaus Room, 4201 Heatherdowns Blvd., 3-4:30 p.m., Tuesday. Mission to offer support to people who are grieving the death of a loved one. Contact: Rita Hoff, 419-724-4675 or email@example.com.
• Toledo School for the Arts presents Horror Double Feature, Owens Community College Center for Fine and Performing Arts, 30335 Oregon Rd., Perrysburg Township, 7 p.m., Nov. 4-6, and 2:30 p.m. Nov. 7.
• “Solomon: Love Him, Leave Him,” musical play at the West YMCA Theatre, 2020 Tremainsville Rd., door open 6 p.m., Nov. 5. Tickets are available at Jack's Men's Wear and other local shops.
• Waite Alumni Award nominations are being accepted by Distinguished Waite Alumni Executive Committee until Friday. For nomination forms: David M. Yenrick, Principal, Morrison R. Waite High school, 301 Morrison Drive, Toledo, 43605 or 419-671-7000. Induction will be at the 47th Annual Purple and Gold Celebration at St. Michael Centre, 4001 Navarre Avenue, Oregon, 6-11 p.m., April 2, 2011. Waite graduates encouraged to attend.
• Parish Nurse Association meets at West Park Place, 3501 Executive Pkwy., 10 a.m.-1 p.m., first Monday of every month. Reservations: 419-320-8485.
• Harvest Party, Warren A.M.E. Church, 915 Collingwood Blvd., 6:30-8:30 p.m., Friday. Food, games, music in the fellowship hall. Costume contest.
• Insurance Women of Toledo, meets at 5:30 p.m., the second Wednesday of every month. Anyone in the insurance industry or related industries is welcome. Contact: Sandy Dobbins, IWOT president, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Chrysler Toledo Machining retirees meet the first Tuesday of each month at Bob Evans restaurant, 2433 South Reynolds Rd., 11 a.m. Spouses and survivors of deceased employees welcome. 419-861-3416 or 419-874-5046.
• Wrestling Instruction at St. Francis de Sales High School, Wrestling Room, 2323 West Bancroft St., Session 1, 5:30-7 p.m., every Tuesday and Thursday, through Dec. 18; Session 2, 5:30-7 p.m., Jan. 4 through Feb. 24. No experience necessary. Wrestlers will need headgear and wrestling shoes. Fee if competing. Grades 5-8, parochial or public school. Also offering instruction for 5-year-olds up to fourth grade, with fee of $45 per wrestler and $25 for siblings, through Dec. 17. Contact: Coach Dennis Marzec, email@example.com or 419-666-3194.
• Central Catholic presents Alice in Wonderland, school's front gymnasium, 2550 Cherry St., Toledo, 8 p.m., Nov. 4, 3 p.m. and 8 p.m., Nov. 6, and 3 p.m. Nov. 7. Tickets: $10 at the door.
• Parish Nurse Association of northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan meets at Kingston, 333 East Boundry St., Perrysburg, 10:45 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday. Speaker: Josie Freeman, family service director, topic “Advanced Funeral Planning and Aftercare.” Reservations required, 419-320-8485.
• University of Findlay will host a lecture-performance by the Dancing Wheels Co., which unites dancers wtih an without physical disabilities. Winebrenner Theological Seminary, 950 North Main St., Findlay, 7 tonight. Sponsored by the university's disability services. 419-434-4200.
• Owens Community College Alumni Association Board Meeting, Toledo- Campus, Audio Visual Classroom Center, Room 125-128, 30335 Oregon Rd., 5 p.m., Monday.
• Fall Tea in the Wolcott House, 1031 River Rd., Maumee, 1 p.m., Nov. 3. Cost: $15, reservations required. Information: 419-893-9602, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or wolcotthouse.org.
• Challenger Learning Center of Lucas County partners with Oregon Community Theatre to present a live tribute performance of Orson Welles radio play adaptation of H. G. Wells' “War of the Worlds,” 4955 Seaman Rd., Oregon, 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday. A reception with cast, tour the center, view the planets, stars (weather permitting). Tickets: $8, $5 for those born before Oct. 30, 1938, with ID. For tickets: 419-691-1398. Web sites: oregoncommunitytheatre.org and challenger-lc.org.
• “Thanksgiving Journey,” Luncheon and Program, Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman Rd., Oregon, door open 11:45 a.m., Nov. 11. Speaker, music, and special feature. Cost: $10.50 inclusive. Reservations, Dorothy Francis, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
• “Garrison Ghost Walk,” Fort Meigs, 29100 West River Rd., Perrysburg, tours start at 7 p.m. and every 15 minutes until 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday. Cost: $8 for 13 and above, $4 for ages 6-12. fortmeigs.org or 800-283-8916.