• Office of Village Life Winter classes, 3602 Indian Rd. For children, young adults, and adults. For information: 419-537-9852 or Villagelife@nwoca.net.
• Music, dancing, jam session, 7:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, VFW Post 3265, 5416 North Summit St. Area musicians invited to participate. 419-729-9282.
• Sylvania Recreation is offering winter programs for children: youth basketball (K-8 grades), iceless hockey (K-5 grades), junior high ski trips (Sylvania school students only), and martial arts classes (PK-12 grades). Programs begin in late January. Information: playsylvania.com or 419-882-1500.
• The Mindful Body, 6600 Sylvania Ave., offering fitness and dance classes. Pilates, yoga, latin dance aerobics, and ballroom dancing. Information: mindfulbodypilates.com or 419-885-3277.
• Nursing Mom's Group meeting every first Thursday of the month from 10-11:30 a.m. at Crossroads Church, 845 East Leggett St. For information: Alanna, Amy, or Maureen at 419-337-6979.
• Glad Federated Women's Club sponsoring its 4th annual Martin Luther King weekend trip to Motor City Casino in Detroit, Michigan, bus departure 2:15 p.m., from in front of Home Depot, 3200 Secor Rd., Saturday. Reservations: 419-867-9442 or 419-381-6579. Returning to Toledo at 11:45 p.m.
• Care Giver Seminar, Eleanor Kahle Senior Center, 1315 Hillcrest Ave., 7-8:30 p.m., every second Tuesday of each month. Learn how to help your loved ones in their life journey. Free. Must register: 419-206-5979.
• Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Unity Celebration 2011, University of Toledo Savage Arena, 2801 West Bancroft St., 9:30-11:30 a.m., Monday. Canned food donations will be accepted for the Martin Lutheran King Kitchen for the Poor. UT students needed to volunteer. To volunteer: unitedwaytoledo.org.
• Walleye Military Appreciation Night presented by Stautzenberger College, the Huntington Center, 500 Jefferson Ave., 7 p.m., Saturday. Includes: pre-game ceremonies, national anthem performance, Color Guard, special video, post-game Camo jersey auction. To purchase tickets (discounted tickets available for $13 each): toledowalleye.com/military, 419-725-9257, email@example.com. To donate tickets, contact: Heroes In Action, heroesinaction.org, 419-699-3439. Proceeds to Heroes In Action.
• Toledo Herpetological Society meeting, Toledo Natural Science and Technology Center, 5561 Elmer Drive, 7 p.m. January 20. Suzanne Husband, keeper at the Zoo will speak on the dangers of palm oil plantations to wildlife and the environment. Information: toledoherps.org.
• Autism Program Open House, Toledo Hearing & Speech Center, 3148 West Central Ave., two session: 8:30-10:30 a.m. and 4-6 p.m., Monday. Snacks, tours, information. 419-241-6219.
• The Toledo Mothers of Twins Club, meeting at Education Center Auditorium in the Toledo Hospital, 2142 North Cove Blvd., social time 7 p.m., meeting 7:30 p.m., Thursday. Second Thursday of each month, September through June, and is a support group for mothers, foster mothers, and guardians of multiple births. Information: 419-472-5032 or tmotc.org.
• Dental Center of Northwest Ohio provides dental care for underserved children and adults in 18 counties. For information and appointments: 866-378-6965; 419-422-7664 in Findlay; 419-241-6215 in Toledo.
• The Chocolate Soiree a Junior League Fund Raiser, Crowne Plaza Toledo, 444 North Summit St., 7 p.m.-midnight, Jan. 22. Showcasing chocolate desserts, music by 56 Daze, silent auction, Golden Ticket Raffle, and more. Benefits the Junior League of Toledo. Black tie optional. Tickets: $75; $50 league members; $125 for friends. Information: 419-474-6262 or chocolate-soiree.com.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.