• Office of Village Life Winter classes, 3602 Indian Rd. For children, young adults, and adults. For information: 419-537-9852 or Villagelife@nwoca.net.
• Music, dancing, jam session, 7:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, VFW Post 3265, 5416 North Summit St. Area musicians invited to participate. 419-729-9282.
• Sylvania Recreation is offering winter programs for children: youth basketball (K-8 grades), iceless hockey (K-5 grades), junior high ski trips (Sylvania school students only), and martial arts classes (PK-12 grades). Programs begin in late January. Information: playsylvania.com or 419-882-1500.
• The Mindful Body, 6600 Sylvania Ave., offering fitness and dance classes. Pilates, yoga, latin dance aerobics, and ballroom dancing. Information: mindfulbodypilates.com or 419-885-3277.
• Nursing Mom's Group meeting every first Thursday of the month from 10-11:30 a.m. at Crossroads Church, 845 East Leggett St. For information: Alanna, Amy, or Maureen at 419-337-6979.
• Glad Federated Women's Club sponsoring its 4th annual Martin Luther King weekend trip to Motor City Casino in Detroit, Michigan, bus departure 2:15 p.m., from in front of Home Depot, 3200 Secor Rd., Saturday. Reservations: 419-867-9442 or 419-381-6579. Returning to Toledo at 11:45 p.m.
• Care Giver Seminar, Eleanor Kahle Senior Center, 1315 Hillcrest Ave., 7-8:30 p.m., every second Tuesday of each month. Learn how to help your loved ones in their life journey. Free. Must register: 419-206-5979.
• Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Unity Celebration 2011, University of Toledo Savage Arena, 2801 West Bancroft St., 9:30-11:30 a.m., Monday. Canned food donations will be accepted for the Martin Lutheran King Kitchen for the Poor. UT students needed to volunteer. To volunteer: unitedwaytoledo.org.
• Walleye Military Appreciation Night presented by Stautzenberger College, the Huntington Center, 500 Jefferson Ave., 7 p.m., Saturday. Includes: pre-game ceremonies, national anthem performance, Color Guard, special video, post-game Camo jersey auction. To purchase tickets (discounted tickets available for $13 each): toledowalleye.com/military, 419-725-9257, email@example.com. To donate tickets, contact: Heroes In Action, heroesinaction.org, 419-699-3439. Proceeds to Heroes In Action.
• Toledo Herpetological Society meeting, Toledo Natural Science and Technology Center, 5561 Elmer Drive, 7 p.m. January 20. Suzanne Husband, keeper at the Zoo will speak on the dangers of palm oil plantations to wildlife and the environment. Information: toledoherps.org.
• Autism Program Open House, Toledo Hearing & Speech Center, 3148 West Central Ave., two session: 8:30-10:30 a.m. and 4-6 p.m., Monday. Snacks, tours, information. 419-241-6219.
• The Toledo Mothers of Twins Club, meeting at Education Center Auditorium in the Toledo Hospital, 2142 North Cove Blvd., social time 7 p.m., meeting 7:30 p.m., Thursday. Second Thursday of each month, September through June, and is a support group for mothers, foster mothers, and guardians of multiple births. Information: 419-472-5032 or tmotc.org.
• Dental Center of Northwest Ohio provides dental care for underserved children and adults in 18 counties. For information and appointments: 866-378-6965; 419-422-7664 in Findlay; 419-241-6215 in Toledo.
• The Chocolate Soiree a Junior League Fund Raiser, Crowne Plaza Toledo, 444 North Summit St., 7 p.m.-midnight, Jan. 22. Showcasing chocolate desserts, music by 56 Daze, silent auction, Golden Ticket Raffle, and more. Benefits the Junior League of Toledo. Black tie optional. Tickets: $75; $50 league members; $125 for friends. Information: 419-474-6262 or chocolate-soiree.com.