● Chancel choir cantata performance presented by Sylvania First United Methodist Church, 7000 Erie St. 9 and 11 a.m., Dec. 23. A free breakfast will be served between services. Details: 419-882-2205.
● East of Cheyenne classic country band performance at the Sylvania American Legion, 5580 Centennial Rd., 7-10:30 p.m. Friday. Details: 419-257-2323.
● Annual Cookie and Candy Walk hosted by Paulding United Methodist Church, 321 North Williams St., Paulding, Ohio, 9 a.m.-noon Saturday. Cookies, candies, and other items for purchase. Details: 419-399-3591.
● 2012 holiday concert series at the Toledo Main Library in the Wintergarden, 325 Michigan St., Dec. 12-14 and 19-21. All performances are from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Details: 419-259-5200.
● 2012 Westmoreland Holiday Home Tour in the historic Westmoreland district, a mile east of University of Toledo, 3-6:30 p.m. Sunday. The event is a collaboration with the Toledo Northwest Ohio Food Bank. Tickets are $15 per person, and can be purchased either at local businesses or at westmorelandassociation.org. Details: 419-491-0448.
● Toledo Base Submarine Veterans monthly meeting at Charley’s Restaurant, 6945 West Central Ave., 6:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month. Details: 419-459-4985 or email@example.com.
● A Political Tribute to James H. Brennan, Sr., at the Toledo-Lucas County Public Main Library, 325 Michigan St., until Dec. 31. The display is free and open to the public during normal library hours. Detail: 419-259-5266.
● Children’s art classes at the Toledo Botanical Gardens, 5403 Elmer Dr., 4 p.m. on Wednesdays and 10 a.m. on Saturdays. Sponsored by the Toledo Artists’ Club. Call for registration: 419-841-8153.
● Toledo Area Ministries Feed Your Neighbor food pantry at Zion Lutheran Church, 8307 Memorial Hwy., the second Tuesday of each month, 10 a.m.-noon. Free food. Details: 734-856-2921.
● Lucas County Retired Teachers Association holiday luncheon to be held at the Inverness Club, 4601 Dorr St., 12 p.m. Dec. 13. Valet parking available. Reservations and a fee of $18.75 are due by Friday. Details: 419-754-3751.
● Annual Sounds of Christmas show presented by Central Catholic High School, at the Valentine Theater, 400 North Superior St., 3 p.m. Sunday. Performing groups include the Central Catholic Glee Club, Mixed Chorus, Gospel Choir, Concert Band, String Orchestra, and the Irish Dance Team. Details: 419-255-2280, ext. 1137 or centralcatholic.org.
● Community Celebration of Christmas annual concert with the Clarence Smith Community Chorus, at Mt. Pilgrim Church, 1401 Hoag St., 6 p.m. Saturday. Featuring The Voices of Harmony of Bowling Green and several other area groups. Details: 419-534-2299 or www.cscchorus.org.
● 5th annual cookie walk hosted by St. George Antiochian Orthodox Christian Cathedral, 3754 Woodley Rd., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 15. Buy traditional and ethnic cookies by the pound. Information: 419-475-7054.
● Family Christmas movie night hosted by Calvary United Methodist Church, 3939 Jackman Rd., 7 p.m. Dec. 14. Free. Details: 419-472-9232.
● Craft and gift show at West Park Place, 3501 Executive Pkwy., noon-3 p.m. Dec. 12. Free. Details: 419-320-8631.
● Heralding the Holidays at the Toledo Botanical Garden, 5403 Elmer Dr., Dec. 7-9. Local artists and horticulture organizations will offer a wide variety of items for sale, including pottery, glass, and jewelry. Details: 419-536-5566 or toledogarden.org.
● Cookie walk at Blessed Sacrament Church, 4255 Bellevue Rd., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 15. Homemade cookies and candy will be offered for sale along with coffee. Details: 419-470-0246.
● Cookie and candy walk at Collingwood United Methodist Church, 701 Phillips Ave., 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. A mini-bazaar with handmade crafts will also be available. Details: 419-476-8034.
● Toledo Astronomical Association meeting in McMaster Hall at University of Toledo, 7:30 p.m. Friday. Free. Details: 419-535-8775 or toledoastronomy.org.
● Friends of the Library book sale at the Reynolds Corner Shopping Center, 1301 Reynolds Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 6-8.
● Collingwood Arts Center Events, 2413 Collingwood Blvd., the Poisoned Apple, Children's Theatre workshop, 2-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; Hollingsworth School Holiday Show, 6-9 p.m. Dec. 12. and Photo Group Shoot, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 15. 419-244-2787
● Collingwood United Methodist Church Cookie Walk in the Friendship Hall, 701 Phillips Ave., 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday.(Dec. 8) Let us do the baking for you. Lunch available for purchase at 11 a.m. Candy and Mini-Bazaar too. Details: 419-476-8034.
● Holiday lantern tours at Sauder Village, every half hour, 4-8:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday. $12 for adults, $7 for children 3 and up. Details and reservations: 419-446-2541.
● Michigan Special Olympics fundraising dinner at the Ottawa River Yacht Club, 5844 Edgewater Dr., 5:30 p.m. Friday. Details: 419-450-7061.
● God, Flag, and Country Oratory program contest at the Eagles Lodge, 304 Main St., 2 p.m. Dec. 15. Contest is open to students 10-15-years-old, in which each student may speak up to three minutes about any one of the topics on the program. Details: 419-822-3736 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Cookie walk at Dundee United Methodist Church, 645 Franklin St., 9-11 a.m. Saturday. $6 a pound. Specialty items available.
● 2nd annual habitat for Humanity Holiday Home Tour featuring homes and churches in the Wauseon area, 2-6 p.m. Sunday. Various homes and churches to be showcased. Complimentary refreshments, auction items, prize drawings, and more. Tickets are $10 presale, $12 the day of the tour. Details and tickets: 419-335-7000 or habitatfco.org.
● Christmas grieving seminar in the Pope John Room of St. Caspar Parish, 1205 North. Shoop Ave., 7 p.m. Dec. 10. Learn to support others who are in the midst of the grief process. Details: 419-337-2322.
● Taste of Poland Warsaw roast dinner at Resurrection Polish National Catholic Church, 1835 West Temperance Rd., 5-7 p.m. Thursday. $8 with carry out available. Details: 734-847-5052 or 419-509-1115 for delivery call before Thursday.
● Machine Embroidery Guild (MEG) meetings are the second Saturday of each month at Quilt Heaven Quilt Shop, 8177 Secor Rd., 11 a.m. Membership information: 419-841-5373.
● Monroe County Quilt Guild meeting held the second Thursday of every month at Monroe Post 1138 Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall, 400 Jones Ave., 7 p.m. Visitors welcome. Details: 734-850-8888.
● Friends of Companion Animals Open House at the Monroe Factory Shops, 14500 LaPlaisance, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Refreshments; drawings for door prizes.
● Silver Bells and Diamonds holiday show with Monroe County Community College at the La-Z-Boy Center, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 15. Tickets are $23 for reserved seating. Event information and tickets: 734-384-4201 or monroeccc.edu/theater.
● St. Caspar Knights of Columbus buffet breakfast in the Parish Life Center, 1205 N. Shoop Ave., Wauseon, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Sunday. Pancakes, sausage links/patties, scrambled eggs, fruit, biscuits/gravy, coffee, and juice. There will also be a Christmas basket silent auction to benefit Christmas for Kids. Free-will donation.
● Community breakfast, all-you-can-eat buffet at First Christian Church of Sylvania, 5271 W. Alexis Rd., Sylvania, 8:30-10 a.m. Saturday. Cost: $7 adults; $4 children 10 and under. Details: 419-882-3313.
● All-you-can-eat breakfast at Deerfield American Legion, 105 W. River St., Deerfield, Michigan, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Sunday. Pancakes, eggs, sausage, ham, sausage gravy/biscuits, milk, coffee, juice. Cost: $6 adults; $5 seniors (over 62); $3 children 5-13; and under 5 free.
● All-you-can-eat breakfast buffet by Knights of Columbus of St. Anthony, Fr. John A. Kenna Council, St. Anthony Parish’s Kenna Hall, 4609 St. Anthony Rd., Whiteford Township, Michigan, 8:30-11:30 a.m. every second Sunday of the month Sunday. Eggs, toast, potatoes, ham, sausage, bacon, pancakes, biscuits/gravy, and drinks. Cost: $7 adults; $6 seniors; and $4 for children 12 and younger. More information, 734-856-2331.
● Made-to-order omelets, all-you-can-eat breakfast at VFW Post 2898, 3925 W. Alexis Rd., 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Saturday. Omelets, sausage gravy/biscuits, pancakes and more. Cost: $6. 419-473-9649.
● Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Rt. 109, Delta, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. every Sunday. All you can eat. Cost: $6.50 for adults; $4 for children ages 4-12, and free for children under 3. 419-822-4526.
● Just Pancakes at Salem Lutheran Church, 1125 N. Huron St., 8-10 a.m. every Saturday. Free. 419-693-9082.
● Monroe Community College’s Cuisine 1300 Restaurant offers lunches in the Audrey M. Warrick Administration Building, 1555 S. Raisinville Rd., Monroe, Michigan, 11:30-11:45 a.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The menu is American Bistro. Fine dining experience provided by students and chefs. Reservations: 734-384-4231 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday-Friday. Cash or personal checks only.
● St. Caspar Knights of Columbus fish fry, 1205 N. Shoop Ave., Wauseon, 4:30-7 p.m. Dec. 14. Menu: fried or baked fish, coleslaw, potato, applesauce, and desserts. Benefits the St. Vincent DePaul Society, also asking for boxed or canned good donations. Donation: $8 adults.
● Conn-Weissenberger Post 587, 2020 W. Alexis Rd., 5-7 p.m. every Friday. Fish dinner (all-you-can-eat), $8; 3-piece chicken or shrimp dinner $7.50, combo (fish and shrimp) dinner $9. Dinners include fries, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, and applesauce. 419-471-0587.
● Delta American Legion Post 373 baked steak or ham loaf dinners, 5939 State Highway 109, Delta, 5-7 p.m. Friday. Includes: mashed potatoes, vegetable, tossed salad or soup, roll, drink, and pie. Cost: $8. Children’s meals available. 419-822-4526.
At the Library
Delta Public Library
402 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3110.
● Dial-a-Story at 419-822-5200 available 24 hours a day. Stories change every Monday.
● Storytime for ages 3 1/2-5 years, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Call for information.
Erie Branch Library
2065 Erie Rd., Erie, Mich.; 734-848-4420.
● Erie book club, 6:30 p.m. every second Monday of the month. Registration required.
● Playgroup, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Registration required.
● Girl’s night out, 6:30 p.m. today. Ages 21 and over. Registration required.
Locke Branch Library
703 Miami St., 43605; 419-259-4310
● Homework helper, 3 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Swanton Public Library
305 Chestnut St, Swanton; 419-826-2760
● Financial empowerment sessions with Fifth Third Bank, 6 p.m. Dec. 17.
● Weekly chess sessions, 6-8 p.m. Wednesdays and 1-3 p.m. Saturdays.
Sylvania Branch Library
6749 Monroe St.; 419-882-2089.
● One-on-one computer training, Monday-Saturday. Call for times.
● Homework helper, 3 p.m. Wednesdays.
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
325 Michigan St., Toledo; 419-259-5381.
● Saturday chess players, 9-11 a.m. Saturdays. All skill levels welcome.
Washington Branch Library
5560 Harvest Lane; 419-259-5330.
● Family storytime, 7 p.m. Tuesdays. Ages 2 and up.
● Babytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 1-2.
● Preschool storytime, 10:45 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 2-5.
● Book discussion, 7 p.m. on the third Tuesday of every month. Call for information.
● Holiday crafts, 4 p.m. Thursday. Registration required.
Bedford Branch Library
8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance; 734-847-6747.
● One-on-one computer help, 1-3 p.m. Fridays. You are welcome to bring your own devices you want help with. Registration required.
● Open knitting, 6-8:45 p.m. today. All are welcome.
● Book club, 7:30-9 p.m. today. Call for information.
● Home educators book club, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Tuesday. Registration required.
● Tai chi for health, 10:30 a.m.-noon Tuesday. Warm ups begin at 10:15 a.m.
● Library tree lighting, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday.
● Flower and garden club, 6-8 p.m. Wednesday. Guests are welcome to attend.
● Support group for family and friends of autistic children, 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesday.
Dundee Branch Library
144 E. Main St., Dundee; 734-529-3310.
● Dundee Branch Library Book Club, every first Tuesday of the month. Call for information.
● Preschool Storytime, 9:30-10:30 a.m. and 11:30-12:30 Mondays.
● Small Fries, 9-10 a.m. and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Thursdays and Tuesdays.
● Book club, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Call for information.
Ida Branch Library
3016 Lewis Ave., Ida, Mich.; 734-269-2191.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Registration required.
Lenawee County Library
4459 W. US Highway 223, Adrian, Mich.; 517-263-1011.
● Family storytime, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Computer classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Registration required.
● Lenawee Weavers, 10 a.m. Saturdays. Call for information.
Rasey Memorial Branch Library
4349 Oak St., Luna Pier, Mich.; 734-848-4572.
● Knit nite, 6 p.m. every Tuesday. Bring projects and share ideas with other knitters and crochet buffs.
● Luna Pier book club, 6:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of every month. New members welcome. Call for information.
● Girl’s night out, 6:30 p.m. Thursday. Must be 21 and over. Registration required.
Summerfield-Petersburg Branch Library
60 E. Center St., Petersburg; 734-279-1025.
● Small Fries, 10 a.m. Fridays.
● Preschool Storytime, 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Mondays.
● Homework helpers, 3-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday.
● Knitting hats for little heads, 6 p.m. Thursday. Knitted items will be collected and given to local schools.
● Italian cooking class, 6:30 p.m. Thursday. Registration required. Call for information.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Chester Zablocki Community Center
3015 Lagrange St.; 419-936-3090.
Open gym for adults, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Believe Center, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday and Fridays.
Friendship Park Senior Center
2930 131st St., Point Place; 419-936-3079.
Computer class, 9 a.m. every Monday.
Western Rounds, 9:30 p.m. every Monday.
Shuffleboard, 10 a.m. every Tuesday.
Line dancing, 9:30 a.m. every Wednesday.
Exercise with Dr. Judy, 9 a.m. every Thursday.
AARP meeting, 12:30 p.m. every Thursday.
Bingo, 9:30 a.m. every Friday.
Kingston of Sylvania
4125 King Rd., Sylvania; 419-872-6200.
Community chats with Kingston, 10 a.m. first and third Fridays of each month. Free informational talks. Information: kingstonhealthcare.com or 419-724-CARE.
Sylvania Senior Center
7140 Sylvania Ave.; 419-885-3913.
Lunch served from 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. weekdays. Suggested donation: 60-plus $2.50; others, $5.32. Reservations required.
Quilting and sewing, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Monday-Thursday, weekly.
Wellness clinic, 9:30-11:30 a.m. every other Monday.
Men’s Breakfast Club, 9-10:30 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month.
Strength and balance, 1-2 p.m. Wednesday and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Friday. Call for registration.
Eleanor Kahle Senior Center
1315 Hillcrest Ave.; 419-476-2745.
Today: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2:45 p.m.
Tuesdays: Model railroad club, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; square dancing, 9:30 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.
Thursdays: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.
Fridays: Model railroad club, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; yoga, 9:30 a.m.
JFS Senior Adult Center
2700 Pelham Road., Toledo; 419-531-2119.
Dr. and grocery bus, nurse 9 a.m.-1 p.m. every weekday.
Saturday: Video movie.
Archbold Nutrition Site
Ruihley Park, Scout Cabin., Archbold; 419-445-3590.
Joyful Noise Dulcimers, 11 a.m. today.
Zingo, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Site council, 10:45 a.m. Wednesday.
A visit from 4-H Camp Palmer representative, 11 a.m. Dec. 10.
End of the year bingo, 11 a.m. Dec. 31.
Delta Nutrition Site
401 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3452.
Health with Meredith Grime, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Site council, 10:15 a.m. Thursday.
Blood pressure checks, 10:15 a.m. Dec. 13.
Celebration of December birthdays, 10:45 a.m. Dec. 18.
Christmas party, 10:30 a.m. Dec. 20.
End of the year bingo, 10:30 a.m. Dec. 27.
Fayette Nutrition Site
105 E. Main St., Fayette; 419-237-1340.
Show and tell, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Bingo, 11 a.m. Thursday.
Show and tell, 11 a.m. Thursday.
Holiday meal planning, 11 a.m. Dec. 11.
Fayette School choirs performance, 11 a.m. Dec. 18.
The last bingo of the year, 11 a.m. Dec. 27.
Fulton County Senior Center
240 Clinton St., Wauseon; 419-337-9299.
Blood sugar and blood pressure checks, 10:30 a.m. on the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
Veterans’ services, 1-2 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. Call 419-337-9299 for appointments.
Wii Bowling League, 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. every Friday.
Exercise class, 9:30 a.m. every Monday and Wednesday.
Zingo, 11 a.m. Dec. 14.
Maumee Center Singers performance, 10:30 a.m. Dec. 19.
Ladder ball, 11 a.m. Dec. 21.
Show and tell, 11 a.m. Dec. 28.
Swanton Nutrition Site
210 N. Main St., Swanton; 419-826-9776.
A visit from Meredith Grime, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Bingo, 10:45 a.m. Friday.
Blood pressure checks, 10:30 a.m. Dec. 12.
Site council, 10:30 a.m. Dec. 12.
Maumee Center Singers, 11 a.m. Dec. 14.
Show and tell, 11 a.m. Dec. 28.
Bedford Senior Center
1652 Samaria Rd., Temperance, Mich.,; 734-856-3330.
Today: Fitness, 9 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 a.m.
Tuesdays: Bridge, 9 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.; line dance, 2:45 p.m.
Wednesdays: Fitness, 9 a.m.; hobby/crafts, 10 a.m.; bunco, 12:30 p.m.
Thursday: Quilters, 9 a.m.; blood pressure checks, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; euchre tournament, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Friday: Bible study, 11 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.
Frenchtown Senior Center
2786 Vivian Rd., Monroe; 734-243-6210.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Web site: frenchtownsenior.com.
Today: Bridge, 9 a.m.; quilt class, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 10 a.m.
Tuesday: Acrylic painting, 12:30 p.m; Bunco Babes, 1 p.m.; Chix and Stix, 1 p.m.
Wednesday: Hand and foot care, 9 a.m.; Euchre, 9:30 a.m.; tap dance class, 11 a.m.; Pinochle, 12:45 p.m.
Thursday: Pool league, 1 p.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.
Friday: Swedish weaving, 9 a.m.; water color class, 12:30 p.m.; bingo, 1 p.m.
Monroe Center For Healthy Aging
15275 S. Dixie Hwy., Monroe, Mi.; 734-241-0404.
Bobby Vinton/Frank Sinatra tribute, 5:30 p.m. Friday. Advanced tickets are $12, $15 at the door. Includes roast beef dinner nad show. Call for information.
Newsletter crew, 7 a.m. every third Monday of the month.
Wood Carvers, every Tuesday 6-8 p.m.
Today: Exercise, 9:15 a.m.; 20/20 club, 10:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.; sign language class, 3 p.m.
Tuesday: Bingo, 1:30 p.m.; 6 p.m.; Bridge, 7 p.m.; Coin club, 7 p.m.
Wednesday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; exercise, 9:15 a.m.; Sing-along, 10:15 a.m.; yoga, 5:30 p.m.
Thursday: Cribbage, 9 a.m.; Bible study, 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Friday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; brain aerobics, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 12:30 p.m. and 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Saturday: Euchre tournament, 12:30 p.m.
Sunday: Dinner, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.