MOSCOW -- Russian police have detained three officials accused of failing to properly warn and remove residents in a southern region where floods killed scores of people this month, state investigators said Sunday.
The flooding in the Black Sea region killed 171 people -- including 153 in the town of Krymsk and its suburbs -- after torrential rain left behind nearly a foot of water.
- John Weinert: 1931-2015; BGSU men’s basketball coach known for big wins, wild coats
- Russia expels Swedish diplomat
- Rev. Joseph Jaros: 1930-2015; Priest served area parishes nearly 40 years
- Monda S. Wade; 1940-2015: Patriotism drove Army nurse who served in Vietnam
- Russian police detain several gay activists