MOSCOW -- Russian police have detained three officials accused of failing to properly warn and remove residents in a southern region where floods killed scores of people this month, state investigators said Sunday.
The flooding in the Black Sea region killed 171 people -- including 153 in the town of Krymsk and its suburbs -- after torrential rain left behind nearly a foot of water.
- David Duffey; 1953-2013: Top staffer for Ohio’s Dems got start in city
- Dr. George Henry Koepke; 1916-2013: Toledo native a medical pioneer
- Lois Quinn; 1933-2013: Catholic school teacher stitched prayer blankets
- Chuck Duricek; 1953-2013: Councilman known for his work ethic
- James Robert Bashore; 1926-2013: ‘Cerebral’ professor empowered students