MOGADISHU, Somalia -- Somalia's most powerful militant group publicly executed three of its members Sunday, saying they had spied on the militants for the U.S. and British intelligence agencies.
Al-Shabab said the three men were CIA and MI6 informants and were the reason several drone attacks killed leaders from the group.
A U.S. Embassy spokesman said he was not aware of the executions, but that in general the United States does not comment on intelligence matters.
- Richard J. LaFontaine (1935-2015): Ex-Marine worked as educator, led schools
- TPS retiree shared love of learning with classes
- Willis Fintel: 1928-2015; Hamler bank chief rose through ranks
- Calif. couple dies holding hands
- James Bailey: 1930-2015; UT math chairman studied earthquakes