MOGADISHU, Somalia -- Somalia's most powerful militant group publicly executed three of its members Sunday, saying they had spied on the militants for the U.S. and British intelligence agencies.
Al-Shabab said the three men were CIA and MI6 informants and were the reason several drone attacks killed leaders from the group.
A U.S. Embassy spokesman said he was not aware of the executions, but that in general the United States does not comment on intelligence matters.
- Donna J. Colbow Perras; 1954-2013: Harbor House leader sought to aid women
- Voyle M. Walters; 1917-2013: D-Day vet oversaw area’s golf grounds
- David Duffey; 1953-2013: Top staffer for Ohio’s Dems got start in city
- Dr. George Henry Koepke; 1916-2013: Toledo native a medical pioneer
- Lois Quinn; 1933-2013: Catholic school teacher stitched prayer blankets