MOGADISHU, Somalia -- Somalia's most powerful militant group publicly executed three of its members Sunday, saying they had spied on the militants for the U.S. and British intelligence agencies.
Al-Shabab said the three men were CIA and MI6 informants and were the reason several drone attacks killed leaders from the group.
A U.S. Embassy spokesman said he was not aware of the executions, but that in general the United States does not comment on intelligence matters.
- Paul McCrory Jr: 1934-2015; Lawyer ran for county treasurer, prosecutor
- Virginia M. Stevenson (1934-2015): Lourdes worker ‘voice of wisdom,’ loved education
- Allen C. Kazmaier (1918-2015): WWII Navy pilot owned Perrysburg store for 57 years
- Dr. Frederick V. Gipson (1920-2015): Doctor known for house calls into mid-’70s
- Rev. Milton C. Mann (1926-2015): Pastor was instructor for hunter safety