MOGADISHU, Somalia -- Somalia's most powerful militant group publicly executed three of its members Sunday, saying they had spied on the militants for the U.S. and British intelligence agencies.
Al-Shabab said the three men were CIA and MI6 informants and were the reason several drone attacks killed leaders from the group.
A U.S. Embassy spokesman said he was not aware of the executions, but that in general the United States does not comment on intelligence matters.
- Ann Marie Minnick: 1952-2014; Retired TPS teacher helped special-education students
- Sister Emily Lechlak: 1930-2014; Catholic school principal had taught math
- Former longtime city councilman dies
- Roger Dale Eicher: 1932-2014: Educator, administrator aided students regionwide
- Louis Beringer: 1950-2014: Toledo police sergeant had radio-control plane hobby