MOGADISHU, Somalia -- Somalia's most powerful militant group publicly executed three of its members Sunday, saying they had spied on the militants for the U.S. and British intelligence agencies.
Al-Shabab said the three men were CIA and MI6 informants and were the reason several drone attacks killed leaders from the group.
A U.S. Embassy spokesman said he was not aware of the executions, but that in general the United States does not comment on intelligence matters.
- James. J. Petiniot (1938-2015): Longtime coach, club founder brought running to many
- Edward M. Dolin (1930-2015): Pharmacist had reputation for service, care
- Donald N. Ziemke (1919-2015): WWII vet taught in Toledo
- Edward F. Zoltanski (1926-2015): Bankruptcy lawyer had been electrical engineer
- Samuel Rice Jr: 1925-2015; Grain trader provided oats for Derby racehorses