MOGADISHU, Somalia -- Somalia's most powerful militant group publicly executed three of its members Sunday, saying they had spied on the militants for the U.S. and British intelligence agencies.
Al-Shabab said the three men were CIA and MI6 informants and were the reason several drone attacks killed leaders from the group.
A U.S. Embassy spokesman said he was not aware of the executions, but that in general the United States does not comment on intelligence matters.
- Lloyd R. Nolfo (1924-2015): Businessman called self-made blacksmith
- Keith Clyde Anderson (1939-2015): Educator coached high school sports, mock-trial contests
- Mother of 4 assisted in family’s city florist shop
- Somalia hotel siege ends with 17 dead
- Psychiatrist led classes at MCO, assisted elderly