MOGADISHU, Somalia -- Somalia's most powerful militant group publicly executed three of its members Sunday, saying they had spied on the militants for the U.S. and British intelligence agencies.
Al-Shabab said the three men were CIA and MI6 informants and were the reason several drone attacks killed leaders from the group.
A U.S. Embassy spokesman said he was not aware of the executions, but that in general the United States does not comment on intelligence matters.
- John Shuff (1933-2015): Letter carrier set trends with work ethic, style
- Robert Albright: 1955-2015; Deputy was chairman of Owens’ law enforcement
- John Werner: 1923-2015; Edison leader announced Genoa games
- John Voudouris: 1924-2015; Greek immigrant ran iconic eatery
- Joseph Charles Pauken (1928-2015): Pharmacist served as city councilman in Maumee in ’70s