MOGADISHU, Somalia -- Somalia's most powerful militant group publicly executed three of its members Sunday, saying they had spied on the militants for the U.S. and British intelligence agencies.
Al-Shabab said the three men were CIA and MI6 informants and were the reason several drone attacks killed leaders from the group.
A U.S. Embassy spokesman said he was not aware of the executions, but that in general the United States does not comment on intelligence matters.
- Volunteer organized cultural, civic events
- Neil A. Pohlmann (1929-2015): Retired BGSU professor began teaching in 1964
- Ex-Jerusalem Twp. trustee helped promote state park
- UT grad was principal, beautician
- Retired Ottawa County judge was youngest in Ohio when first elected