JOS, Nigeria -- Authorities in central Nigeria say a flood triggered by heavy rains killed at least 35 people.
Mnasseh Pampe, Red Cross chief in the state of Plateau, said Monday that several other Jos residents are missing and rescue forces expect the death toll to rise.
He said the floods washed away many homes in the area -- often built with mud -- displacing 200 residents.
- Violet Ann Pautz (1916-2015): Hospital worker inspired use of echocardiograms
- Oil tanker explodes in southern Nigeria
- Anna May Klippel (1927-2015): Doctor set up early family practice office
- Pastor committed his life to reuniting fathers, children
- Suicide bomber kills 16 in Nigeria