JOS, Nigeria -- Authorities in central Nigeria say a flood triggered by heavy rains killed at least 35 people.
Mnasseh Pampe, Red Cross chief in the state of Plateau, said Monday that several other Jos residents are missing and rescue forces expect the death toll to rise.
He said the floods washed away many homes in the area -- often built with mud -- displacing 200 residents.
- James. J. Petiniot (1938-2015): Longtime coach, club founder brought running to many
- Nigerian official: Boko Haram trying to hit Lagos
- Edward M. Dolin (1930-2015): Pharmacist had reputation for service, care
- Chad executes 10 Boko Haram members
- Donald N. Ziemke (1919-2015): WWII vet taught in Toledo