1. EnerSys; batteries; closed in 2016; moved operations to Kentucky and Tennessee; 95 jobs lost.
2. Manitowoc; food service products; closed, 2016; 219 jobs lost. 3. Accel Performance Group; products and parts for cars, trucks, and motorcycles; closed, 2015; 64 jobs lost.
4. Coyne International Enterprises Corp.; textiles; bankruptcy, closed, 2015; unknown number of jobs lost.
5. Ford Walton Hills Stamping Plant; automotive parts; closed, 2014 as part of union contract; 261 jobs lost.
6. Goodrich Corp.; landing gear; closed, 2013 from consolidation; 238 jobs lost.
7. SR Products; roofing materials; date of closure and number of jobs lost not available.
8. Premier Manufacturing Corp.; fabricated wire; closed, 2011; 100 jobs lost.
9. Thomas & Betts Corp.; electrical components; closed, 2010; 117 jobs lost.
10. State Industrial Products; cleaning products; closed, 2009, relocated to Hebron, Ohio; 58 jobs lost.
11. Metalworks Worldwide; automotive supplies; two plants closed, 2009; 125 jobs lost.
12. Georgia-Pacific Corrugated; corrugated boxes; closed, 2009, moved to Pennsylvania and Michigan; 94 jobs lost.
13. DGS Stamping; metal stamped products; closed, 2007; 113 jobs lost.
14. Shiloh Industries; automotive supplies; closed, 2007; 66 jobs lost.
15. Wabash Alloys; aluminum products; closed, 2005, in consolidation, moved to Indiana; 73 jobs lost.
16. Cooper-Standard Automotive; plastics processing; closed, 2004, and put on sale; 72 jobs lost.
17. Nicole Shades; specialty lamp shades; three plants closed, 2004 and sold; 161 jobs lost.
18. Midland Steel Products; production body/chassis; closed, 2003, lack of customers; 223 jobs lost.
19. Harris Graphics; information processing; closed, 2003; unknown number of jobs lost.
20. LTV Steel; steel; closed, 2002 and sold; 3,200 jobs lost.
21. National Acme Co., DeVlieg-Bullard; machine tools; closed, 2002 because of consolidation; 57 jobs lost.
22. TRW Automotive; automotive parts; closed in 2002; 500 jobs lost.
23. Beck Manufacturing; pipefitting products; closed, 2001, sold; 57 jobs lost.
24. Pechiney Plastic Packaging; plastic packaging; closed, 2001, from high costs; 220 jobs lost.
25. Carpenter Reserve Printing Co.; commercial printing; closed, 2000; 76 jobs lost.
26. Elwell-Parker; machinery and motors; closed, 2000, sold; unknown number of jobs lost.
27. Reilly Industries; carbon products; closed, 1999, moved to Illinois; 55 jobs lost.
28. Sealy Corp., Ohio Mattress; mattress manufacturer; closed, 1999, moved and consolidated manufacturing; unknown number of jobs lost.
29. Northrop Grumman; torpedoes; closed in 1998, and moved to Maryland.; 160 jobs lost.
30. Mr. Gasket; automobile accessories; closed, 1998, moved production to Nevada; 130 jobs lost.
31. Joseph & Feiss Co.; mens’ garments; closed, 1997, moved to Brooklyn, Ohio; 650 moved.
32. Kronheim Furniture Co.; furniture; closed, 1997; moved to new headquarters in Bedford Heights; unknown number of jobs lost.
33. Lempco Industries; automotive parts, die sets; closed, 1995; unknown number of jobs moved elsewhere in Ohio.
34. Bardons & Oliver, Inc.; machine tool manufacturer; closed, 1995, relocated to Solon, Ohio; unknown number of jobs lost.
35. Standard Products Co., division of Cooper Tire and Rubber Co.; rubber and plastic parts for automotive industry; closed in 1995, moved headquarters to Michigan.
36. Tremco; roofing products; closed in 1993 from consolidation; 45 jobs lost.
37. Cleveland Works (LTV Steel); coking plant; closed in 1992; unknown number of jobs lost.
38. Hough Bakery; bakery, catering, frozen and prepared foods; closed, 1992 from bankruptcy and operation liquidation; unknown number of jobs lost.
39. Leece-Neville Co.; electrical products for heavy duty trucking; closed, 1992 from bankruptcy and moved production to New York; 130 jobs lost.
40. Richman Brothers Co.; clothing sales and manufacture; closed, 1992; unknown number of jobs lost.
41. Van Dorn Demag Corp.; plastic injection molding machines; closed, 1991; unknown number of jobs lost.
42. Hupp Corp.; freezers, ai r conditioningunits, soft drink dispensers; closed, 1991, after sale to Sunderland Industrial Holdings Corp. and bankruptcy; unknown number of jobs lost.
43. Lion Knitting Mills; highquality knit goods; closed, 1990; unknown number of jobs lost.
44. Baker Materials Handling Co.; mobile trucks, materials handling; closed, 1989; unknown number of jobs lost.
45. Harshaw Chemical Co.; industrial chemicals; closed, 1988, moved to California; unknown number of jobs lost.
46. Dravo Wellman Co.; manufacturer of steel plant equipment; closed, 1988; unknown number of jobs lost.
47. Beacon Hausheer Marine Co.; ship chandler, galley supplies; closed, 1987 and moved to Lakewood, Ohio; unknown number of jobs lost.
48. Weatherhead Division of the Dana Corp.; automobile parts; closed in 1987 and moved to Antwerp, Ohio; unknown number of jobs lost.
49. Lezius Hiles Co.; commercial printing; closed in 1986; unknown number of jobs lost.
50. Wright Airlines; transportation service; closed, 1985; 240 jobs lost.
51. Hill Acme Co.; heavy manufacturing; headquarters and manufacturing moved to Maine, 1985.
52. Euclid; construction and mining equipment; sold, 1985; unknown number of jobs lost.
53. Warner and Swasey; machinery and tools; relocated in Ohio, 1985; 325 jobs lost.
54. Work Wear Corp.; industrial clothes manufacturer; stopped manufacturing clothing, 1984; moved to North Carolina, 1990; unknown number of jobs lost.
55. Dan Dee Pretzel 7 Potato Chip Co.; snack foods; closed, 1984; unknown number of jobs lost
56. Eaton Corp; industrial drives; closed, 1983; 1,100 jobs lost.
57. Harris Calorific Co.; gas welding and cutting apparatus; moved to Georgia, 1983; unknown number of jobs lost.
58. Fisher Body Division of General Motors; auto bodies; closed both factories, 1982; 1,700 jobs lost.
59. Sherwin-Williams; paint; closed, 1982; 70 jobs lost.
60. AM International; graphics equipment; bankruptcy, 1982; unknown number of jobs lost.
61. Cleveland Bar Mill; steel; bankruptcy, 1982; 2,000-2,200 jobs lost.
62. Westinghouse; lighting products; production moved to Mississippi, 1979; 275 jobs lost.
63. Virden Lighting; lighting products; closed, 1979; 300 jobs lost.
64. U.S. Steel; central furnaces; closed, 1978; unknown number of jobs lost.
65. Clevite Corp.; batteries, electronics, defense; shut down, blamed on structural changes in U.S. auto industry, lack of union concessions, 1978; unknown number of jobs lost
66. Printz-Biederman Co.; women’s apparel; closed, 1978; unknown number of jobs lost.
67. Bailey Controls; meters and controls; closed, 1976; unknown number of jobs lost.
68. Glidden; paint; phased out, 1976; unknown number of jobs lost.
69. Westinghouse Electric Corp.; medical diagnostic imaging equipment; moved to Solon, 1976; unknown number of jobs lost.
70. Lees-Bradner Co.; gear hobbing machines; operations moved to Maine, 1976; 30 jobs lost.
71. Laub Baking Co.; wholesale bakery; closed, old plant too costly to operate, 1974; unknown number of jobs lost.
72. Cuyahoga Soap; tallow; closed because of changes in meatpacking industry, 1972; unknown number of jobs lost.
73. GE Cleveland Weld Works; welded assemblies; closed, 1972; unknown number of jobs lost.
74. Progressive Corp.; insurance; moved to Mayfield Village, 1972; unknown number of jobs lost.
75. Carling Brewing Co.; beer; closed because of costs, moved to Massachusetts, 1971; 385 jobs lost.
76. Hildebrandt Provision Co.; meat processing; closed, 1970; 140 jobs lost.
77. Vlchek Tool Co.; hand tools and plastics; obsolete, 1969; 275 jobs lost.
78. Royal Appliance Manufacturing Co.; vacuum cleaners; relocated to Highland Heights, Ohio, 1968; unknown number of jobs lost.
79. Cleveland Union Stockyards; meat processing; closed, 1968; unknown number of jobs lost.
80. CRC Press Inc.; publisher; moved to Warrensville Heights, 1967; unknown number of jobs lost.
81. Gabriel Co.; automotive parts; closed because of declining orders, 1966; 450 jobs lost.
82. Warner & Swasey Co.; machine bolts, precision instruments, turret lathe; moved operations to Solon, 1965; closed Solon plant, 1991; unknown number of jobs lost.
83. Pilsener Brewing Co.; beer; moved to Pittsburgh, 1963; unknown number of jobs lost.
84. Cleveland Provision Co.; meatpacking; closed, 1962; unknown number of jobs lost.
85. Cleveland Diesel Engine Division of General Motors Corp.; diesel engines; consolidated in Illinois, 1962; unknown number of jobs lost.
86. Cletrac; tractors; moved to Iowa, 1961; unknown number of jobs lost.
87. U.S. Steel - Cleveland Coke Works; steel; closed, 1961; 300 jobs lost.