Helping those who cannot hear
- Audio-visual materials, including closed-caption videos, are available from all library facilities and can be requested by calling 259-5207.
- Pocket Talker listening devices can be used at Main Library, Heatherdowns, Oregon, Point Place and West Toledo branch libraries.
- Interpreters are available for all Library-sponsored programs. To request an interpreter, call 259-5266 at least two weeks in advance.
We bring reading to life for the visually impaired
- computer screens that magnify information 32 times its original size
- headphones and an automated voice to read information
- Braille overlays on computer keyboards
- descriptive videos and books-on-tape
- closed-circuit machines to magnify printed materials
- large print and Braille books for children and adults
- hand magnifiers of various strengths
Giving everyone the ability to explore our Library
- Convenient, specially-designated parking is available at all Library facilities.
- Most facilities are equipped with handicapped-accessible entry ways.
- An electric scooter is available at Main Library.
- Each bookmobile is equipped with a hydraulic lift to accommodate patrons with wheelchairs or walkers.
- Individuals who are temporarily or permanently unable to visit the Library can apply for homebound services by calling 259-5350.