Loading…
Thursday, November 27, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
HomeHome
Published: Tuesday, 11/11/2003

Van Wert man avoids indictment in shooting

VAN WERT, Ohio — A Van Wert County grand jury has declined to return an indictment against a city resident in connection with a shooting during a domestic disturbance last month, the county prosecutor said yesterday.

Prosecutor Charles Kennedy said the grand jury on Friday did not indict Richard Rable, 49, who was arrested after he allegedly shot a Convoy man during a confrontation between the victim and his ex-girlfriend.

Mr. Rable was charged Oct. 14 with one count of felonious assault, a second-degree felony, for allegedly shooting Robert King, 25, after Mr. King got into a fight with a woman. Authorities said Mr. Rable fired a warning shot into the air, then shot Mr. King.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.








Poll