Friday, Sep 30, 2016
One of America's Great Newspapers ~ Toledo, Ohio

East Toledo boy, 9, burned in gasoline fire

A 9-year-old East Toledo boy sustained burns on his legs yesterday as he and several friends were setting gasoline afire in the alley behind the even side of the 700 block of Yondota Street, police said.

The boy, Stacy Burns of Neise Avenue was listed in good condition last night in St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center.

Gasoline spilled on the boy about 3:45 p.m. as he carried a plastic gas can in the alley where he and about five others were playing.

"They had a fire going. He got too close to the fire and ignited the gas that spilled on his shorts and legs," Detective Larry Anderson said. "The other kids tried to put it out. They told him to drop and roll."

Click to comment

Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem?

Temporibus autem quibusdam et aut officiis debitis aut rerum necessitatibus saepe eveniet.

Copyright © 2015 Toledo Blade

To Top

Fetching stories…