A natural gas leak in front of an East Toledo house yesterday was repaired within two hours.
All American Construction & Plumbing was digging in the front yard of 2229 Genesee St. when it struck a two-inch Columbia Gas of Ohio line.
Though gas was escaping from the line, it posed no threat to nearby houses even if it had caught fire, officials said.
Columbia Gas arrived at noon, and the line was patched at 1:15 p.m.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.