ARLINGTON, Ohio - An 84-year-old local man was hospitalized yesterday after his son found him unconscious in a barn here filled with fumes from a working welding generator, the Hancock County Sheriff's Office said.
Willard S. Cornwell initially was taken to the Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center and then transferred to the Toledo Hospital, where officials said he was listed in fair condition last night.
Mr. Cornwell was found at
11:45 a.m. in the barn behind his residence on County Road 26. The barn doors were closed and no ventilation for the generator was found, deputies said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.