Pemberville Village Council has been taking measures to save money in 2005 and search for development to provide the village with additional income, said Mayor James Opelt, in outlining his goals for the year.
He said the council has been working to plan for the downtown revitalization of storefront facades, streets, and sidewalks.
He pointed to village officials' hard work in 2004 applying for grants the village can use for improvements.
The village has secured some money, and is still waiting for a response from other grant requests for the village's downtown revitalization projects, he said.
He noted these 2004 accomplishments:
● The smooth completion of the water and sewer line project on Joyce Avenue, and the Bridge Street lift station.
● The about 90 percent favorable response from citizens to repair or replace sidewalks throughout the village.
● Having a comprehensive village directory compiled, printed, and distributed through donations, not tax dollars.
● Adding stop signs on village side streets.
● Updating the village's Web site.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.