Fourteen amateur photographers took 15 pictures that were selected as the judges' favorites in this year's Life on Lake Erie Photo Contest.
The 15 winning photographs showcased familiar landmarks and day-to-day life around Lake Erie. They were chosen from 400 entries - the largest number submitted since the contest began in 1992, said Edwin J. Hammett, executive director of the Ohio Lake Erie Commission, which sponsored the contest.
This year's local winners are:
● Allan Braman of Fostoria, for "Early Storm at the Ferry."
● Debbie Caldwell of Clyde, Ohio, for "Marblehead Lighthouse Awaiting."
● Lori Hickman of Oak Harbor, Ohio, for "Fairport Harbor Lighthouse."
● Thomas Liskai of Helena, Ohio, for "History at its Finest."
● Todd Shaw of Sandusky, for "Morning Light."
The winning photos will be on display at the University of Toledo's art gallery at Lake Erie Center, 6200 Bay Shore Rd., Oregon, until Oct. 31.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.