ELMORE Residents should boil their water before cooking, drinking, and washing dishes until further notice, officials at the village s utility office said yesterday.
Village officials are taking the precautionary measure because a contractor recently hit and broke a waterline. While the water was shut off for about 45 minutes, bacteria could have made its way into the water, officials said.
Authorities are testing water samples and should be able to lift the boil advisory as early as this morning.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.