The Blade s Road Warrior advises readers where the biggest driving headaches will be throughout the construction season. He ll tell you the locations to avoid and the detours to take.
As has been the case throughout the I-280 closing in North Toledo, motorists should expect backups this weekend at the Ohio Turnpike s I-75 toll plaza (Exit 64).
During the peak travel times today and Tuesday, it may be worth the trouble to use the I-280 interchange on the turnpike and the posted detour via State Rt. 795. The choice will be obvious for southbound I-75 motorists because Route 795 is reached via the same interchange as the turnpike.
Otherwise, the main roads to avoid are U.S. 23 and I-475 in Sylvania Township, where bridge work requires ongoing lane closings north and east of the two freeways junction, and U.S. 223, which is detoured through downtown Adrian for bridge reconstruction.
1. I-280: Closed for bridge construction, Greenbelt Parkway to Summit Street. Through traffic detour via I-75, State Rt. 795. Reopening scheduled for August. Summit is reduced to one lane each way, and there is limited ramp access between I-280 and Summit.
2. I-475, U.S. 23: Bridge rehabilitation closes lanes north and east of I-475/U.S. 23 junction. Reopening in September. Bridge painting at Talmadge Road requires nighttime lane closings on I-475 through next week.
3. Byrne Road: Bridge reconstruction, road rebuilding close lanes north of Airport Highway and south of Glanzman Road. Avoid using Byrne between Dorr Street and Hill Avenue, which will be down to one lane of traffic in each direction through mid August.
4. State Rt. 420: Interchange construction at U.S. 20/23 closes lanes south of Truman Road. Traffic shifts on U.S. 20/23.
5. State Rt. 25: Closed at I-475/U.S. 23 for bridge rehabilitation. All interchange ramps remain open. Detours posted.
6. State Rt. 184 (Alexis Rd.), I-75: Bridge reconstruction closes lanes on Alexis near I-75 through mid-September. Lanes may be closed at night on I-75.
7. State Rt. 582: Closed for culvert work at Liberty Hi Road until Aug. 10. Detour via State Rts. 64 and 65.
8. Monroe Street: A repaving project requires lane closings west of U.S. 23 in downtown Sylvania.
9. State Rt. 2 (Airport Highway): Widening work between Byrne and Reynolds roads requires flag zones. Use South Avenue or Glendale Avenue.
10. State Rt. 2: Two-way traffic is maintained in a work area at the Bono curve, but watch out for vehicles stopped to make turns. Several side roads are closed.
11. Ohio Turnpike: Bridge widening between I-280 and I-75 may require occasional lane closings.
12. State Rt. 51 (Monroe Street): Reconstruction requires lane closings between Collingwood Boulevard and Detroit Avenue (U.S. 24).
13. State Rt. 795: Crack sealing requires varying nighttime lane closings between Luckey and Lime City roads until mid-July.
14. U.S. 20/23: Driveway construction requires intermittent flag zones today and tomorrow between Glenwood and Oregon roads. Work hours are 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. today and 7 a.m. to noon tomorrow.
I-75: Single-lane closings for road and bridge repairs between Monroe and I-275.
I-75: Resurfacing requires nighttime lane closings through Findlay until mid-July.
I-275: Resurfacing requires varying lane closings between I-275 and the Monroe-Wayne county line.
U.S. 6/20: Lanes closed on Fremont bypass east of State Rt. 412 for culvert work.
U.S. 223: Closed for bridge reconstruction on Adrian s west side. Detour via M-52, M-34. Use other routes if possible.
State Rt. 2: Lane closings are likely on the Edison Bridge over Sandusky Bay weekly from 8 p.m. Monday through 8 a.m. Friday.
M-125: Closed north of Frenchtown Square Mall, Monroe, for bridge replacements. Detour via U.S. 24.
Contact the Road Warrior at: firstname.lastname@example.org