The Blade s Road Warrior advises readers where the biggest driving headaches will be throughout the construction season. He ll tell you the locations to avoid and the detours to take.
Postponed by rain last Saturday, deck repairs on I-75 at Segur Avenue near downtown Toledo have been rescheduled for tonight and tomorrow.
Traffic will be reduced to one lane each way between South Avenue and Collingwood Boulevard, and the Erie Street/Collingwood entrance to southbound I-75 will be closed from 9 tonight until 6 p.m. tomorrow.
Once again, however, the repair work is subject to postponement if the weather turns sour.
Other maintenance work postponed from last weekend will require lane closings on westbound I-475 west of Secor Road from midnight until 6 a.m. tomorrow, and on northbound I-475/U.S. 23 north of Airport Highway from 6 a.m. until 3 p.m. tomorrow.
Today, U.S. 6 will be closed between State Rts. 109 and 110 east of Napoleon for crack sealing. Use Routes 110 and 109 as a detour route.
1. I-280: Closed for bridge construction, Greenbelt Parkway to Summit Street, until Nov. 22. Lanes closed south of Manhattan Boulevard and north of Starr Avenue. Through traffic detours via I-75, State Rt. 795. Ontario Street is closed at I-280 until mid-November.
2. U.S. 23/I-475 interchange: Periodic nighttime lane closings from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. and daytime shoulder work.
3. State Rt. 120 (Cherry Street): Lanes closed for reconstruction between Central Avenue and Kevin Place.
4. U.S. 20/23, State Rt. 420: Interchange construction at U.S. 20/23 reduces traffic to one lane in each direction on Route 420 between U.S. 20 and Truman Road. Traffic shifts on U.S. 20/23. A moving crack-sealing operation on U.S. 20/23 east of Perrysburg requires flag zones.
5. U.S. 24 (Telegraph Road): Closed for bridge replacement between East Laskey and Crabb roads until early January. Detour via Crabb and East Laskey.
6. State Rt. 184 (Alexis Road): Bridge reconstruction closes lanes on Alexis near I-75.
7. Martin Luther King, Jr., Bridge, Main Street: Traffic is reduced to one lane each way for bridge rehabilitation, pavement reconstruction between Summit and Front streets.
8. State Rt. 163: Railroad crossing repair closes the route between Fostoria and Bradner roads through today.
9. State Rt. 2 (Airport Highway): Widening between Byrne and Reynolds roads requires flag zones and lane closings, including within the Byrne-Airport intersection. Use South or Glendale avenues instead.
10. State Rt. 2: Route closed to westbound traffic at the Bono curve through Monday. Detour via State Rts. 579 and 51 and I-280.
I-75: Bridge repairs close the northbound left lane at the River Raisin in Monroe through next week.
U.S. 24: Setting of bridge beams at the Tiffin River west of Defiance will require flag zones next week. Daytime traffic delays may occur.
State Rt. 2: The Edison Bridge over Sandusky Bay is restricted to one lane each way until May for rehabilitation and widening. Embankment repairs restrict traffic to one lane each way west of State Rt. 163 in Port Clinton.
State Rts. 2/34: A culvert replacement closes the route at Huntington Drive on Bryan s east side until Nov. 17. Detour via U.S. 127 and 6 and State Rt. 191.
M-125: Closed through Nov. 15 for a culvert replacement north of Luna Pier Road. Use U.S. 24.
Contact the Road Warrior at: email@example.com.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.