OTTAWA LAKE, Mich. - A line being used to fill a tank on a truck trailer with anhydrous ammonia snapped at an agricultural business, releasing a cloud of gas and sickening four people, officials said.
Three men were transported for medical treatment after the break Saturday at Ottawa Lake Co-Op Elevator Co., The Monroe Evening News reported. Another person sought medical care later after being exposed to the gas.
The line apparently snapped when the truck pulled forward, the newspaper said.
Anhydrous ammonia is used by farmers as a fertilizer.
Ottawa Lake is located in Monroe County, near the Ohio border.
Read more in later editions of The Blade and toledoblade.com.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.