● Glass City Singles dance and parties for singles 21 and up at Holland Gardens, 6530 Angola Rd., 8 p.m.-midnight Friday. Thanksgiving dance party celebration. Cost: $8. 734-856-8963.
● Make-A-Wish holiday craft show in the Club House at the Lucas County Recreation Center, 2901 Key St., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 1. Featuring area crafters, raffles, auction, refreshments, and lunch. Free. Net proceeds benefit Make-A-Wish. Details: Tracy, 419-893-4589 or TSElmore@aol.com.
● Toledo Craftman’s Guild Crafts for Christmas Show at the Lucas County Recreation Center in the Recreation Center Hall, 2901 Key St., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday.
● The Monclova Community Center to host “Christmas at the Community Center,” 8115 Monclova Rd., holiday craft show 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Santa visits 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 1. Children will receive a goodie bag from Santa, and there will be crafts/activities for them. Lunch available. Details: Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-861-1336.
● Maumee Valley Civic Theatre presents Henry County’s Got Talent in the John L. Johnson Auditorium, 303 W. Main St., 7 p.m. Nov. 29. Fifteen acts compete, three-judge panel, audience votes for top three. Prize money $250 first; $150 second; $100 third. Preshow Wacky Hidden Talents. General admission: $8, $5 children 12 and under (without voting rights). Guest, a New York City actor from Napoleon who appeared on Broadway, will perform. MC: Zack Hanna. Reserve tickets: 419-592-1786.
● Breakfast with Santa hosted by the Oregon Rotary Club at Clay High School’s cafeteria, 5665 Seaman Rd., 8-10 a.m. Dec. 1. Breakfast will be a pancake, egg, and sausage. Children will be entered into bike raffles, have their picture taken with Santa, receive a small gift, and make a craft. There will also be face painting, story telling, and puppet shows. Tickets: $3 per person and can be purchased at the door. Detail: 419-691-5745.
● Toledo Lighthouse meets at Maumee Bay State Park Lodge, 1750 State Park Rd. #2, 7 p.m. Nov. 29. Details: Jean, 419-874-6704 or toledolighthouse.org.
● First United Methodist Church’s Chancel Choir is auditioning singers. Contact Leland Tetz, 419-290-1188. Performances will be Dec. 9 and March 17. Further information: 419-874-1911 or perrysburgfum.com.
● The 577 Foundation has programs for all ages, 577 E. Front St. Adult: Holiday Potter, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Nov. 29 or 5:30-7:30 p.m. Dec. 3, fee $35; authentic Middle Eastern meal, 1:30-4 p.m. Dec. 3, fee $15; Saturday Pottery features candlesticks and lanterns, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. or 1:30-4:30 p.m. Dec. 1, fee $13; stamped cards and paper crafts, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Dec. 4, fee $20. For additional class listings/details/reservations: 419-874-4174 or 577foundation.org.
● The Salvation Army Port Clinton Service Center’s Tree A Rama Charity Auction serving Ottawa County at the Historic Mon Ami Restaurant and Winery, 3854 E. Wine Cellar Rd., silent auction 2 p.m., live auction 4 p.m. Dec. 2. All proceeds will go to the Salvation Army’s Holiday Toy Drive for children of Ottawa County. Information: 419-732-2769.
● Trinity Lutheran Church and School Start the Holidays craft show, 4560 Glendale Ave., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 1. Crocheted items, Pampered Chef, silk floral designs, purses, music tapes/cds, holiday decorations, woodcraft items, and gourmet goodies.
● American Legion Post 384 presents the Pickers, 6910 Providence St., 7-10 p.m. Nov. 27. Sandwiches available.
● Village of Whitehouse Enrichment Class: Beginning wood carving with Jean McDonald, Village Hall, 6925 Providence St., 6 p.m. Monday. All tools and equipment provided and take home a hand-carved holiday ornament. Cost: $28. Registration: 419-877-5383.
● The Wood County Historical Museum will bring the past to the present with Living Christmas Cards, 13660 County Home Rd., Bowling Green, 1-4 p.m. Dec. 15 and 16, and 6-8 p.m. Dec. 20. Volunteers are needed to help make it possible, needs include re-enacting scenes from our Civil War, General Store, or 1950s exhibits, organizing children activities, or being a greeter. An informational meeting will be from 6-8 p.m. Nov. 27 at the museum. Old Home Holiday Tours during museum hours Dec. 8 through Dec. 21. Details: 419-352-0967.
At the Library
Reynolds Corners Branch Library
4833 Dorr St., Toledo; 419-259-5320.
● Family storytime, 7 p.m. Tuesdays. Registration suggested.
● Open house, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 10.
● Frogtown low vision support group sessions, 10 a.m.-noon on the first Wednesday of each month. Sessions often include guest speakers and special features on education and support, with practical help and advice.
Rossford Public Library
720 Dixie Hwy.; 419-666-0924.
● Tuesdays with Adam, between 1-7 p.m. Tuesdays. Free general computer and technology help.
● Therapy dog reading sessions for reluctant readers, 6:45-7:45 p.m. Mondays. 15-minute slots available for reservation. Call to register.
● Book discussion with local author Terry Shaffer, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 5.
Birmingham Branch Library
203 Paine Ave.; 419-259-5210.
● ABLE mobile benefit bank, 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays. Bank staff can assist with applying for food stamps, home energy, child care assistance, and other services. Free legal assitance is also available.
Genoa Branch Library
602 West St.; 419-855-3380.
● Storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., Wednesdays.
Harris-Elmore Public Library
328 Toledo St., Elmore; 419-862-2482.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., Wednesdays.
Oregon Branch Library
3340 Dustin Rd.; 419-259-5250.
● Family storytime, 7-7:30 p.m. Mondays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Preschool storytime, 10:30-11 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Babytime, 10:30-10:50 a.m. Thursdays. Ages 1-2. Registration required.
Walbridge Branch Library
108 N. Main St.; 419-666-9900.
● Family storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays.
Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave., Perrysburg; 419-874-3135.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Waterville Branch Library
800 Michigan Ave.; 419-878-3055.
● Toddler storytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 18 months-3 years. Registration required.
Whitehouse Community Library
10615 Waterville St., Whitehouse; 419-877-9088.
● Children’s Christmas party, 10:30 a.m-noon Dec. 1. Seasonal crafts, stories, and refreshments.
● Book signing with Ron and Megan Disher, noon-2 p.m. Dec. 1.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 9 a.m.-noon every Sunday. Cost: $5. Children’s menu available. 419-666-7762.
● Genoa American Legion Post 324, all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast, 302 West St., 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday. Cost: $7 adults; $4 children. 419-855-7049.
● Holland American Legion fish fry, 1074 Clarion Ave., 4:30-7:30 p.m. Fridays. Lake perch or pollock. Take-out 419-865-8511.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 5-7:45 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat Alaskan walleye, $8. 419-666-7762.
● Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). 419-893-3821.
● East Toledo VFW Post 2510 roast beef dinner, 617 Second St. at Platt St., 4-7 p.m. Nov. 30. $10.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Genoa Senior Center
514 Main St.; 419-855-4491.
Open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Lunch at 11:30 a.m.; $3.
JWH Oregon Senior Center
5760 Bayshore Rd.; 419-698-7078.
Open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. daily. Suggested donation is $2.50 for seniors 60 and older, $5.32 for others; reservations due 24 hours in advance.
Pemberville Area Senior Center
220 Cedar St., 419-287-4109.
Trivia, 11:45 a.m. Fridays.
Holland Community Senior Center
330 Oak Terrace Blvd.; 419-868-1340.
Weekdays: Lunches for seniors 60 and older. Reservations due by day before. Cost: $2.
Northeast Area Senior Center
705 N. Main St. Walbridge; 419-260-3228
Yoga for Arthritis by video, 10:15 a.m. Monday.
Maumee Senior Center
2430 S. Detroit Ave.; 419-893-1994.
Open weekdays from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Daily noon lunch; reservations due by noon the day before.
Monclova Community Center
8115 Monclova Rd.; 419-861-1336.
Lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, $2 donation. Reservations due the Monday before.
Body Recall exercise at 9:15 a.m. and 3 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Free 60-plus health screenings, 1:30-3:30 p.m. Nov. 27.
Perrysburg Area Senior Center
140 W. Indiana Ave.; 419-874-0847.
Grocery shopping, by appointment. Reservations required.
Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. All denominations.
Jam session, 1-4 p.m. Wednesdays.
Bridge, 1 p.m. Tuesdays.
Wood County Senior Center
305 N. Main St. Bowling Green; 419-353-5661
Club F.I.T. taught by a local physical therapist, 10-11 a.m. Tuesdays.
Wii bowling, 1 p.m. Mondays and 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
Watercolor art courses, 10 a.m. Fridays. Bring your own supplies.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.