● East of Cheyenne classic country band performance at the Sylvania American Legion, 5580 Centennial Rd., 7-10:30 p.m. Friday. Information: 419-257-2323.
● Woodrow Preschool open house at 5900 Woodrow Ave., 10 a.m.-noon Saturday. Tour the school and meet the staff. Information: 419-885-2451 or sylvaniachildcare.org.
● Movie night hosted by the Men’s Group at Sylvania First United Methodist Church, 7000 Erie St., 5 p.m. Sunday. For fathers and their children. Pizza followed by the movie. Free tickets are available at the church. Information: 419-882-2205.
● Toledo Base Submarine Veterans monthly meeting at Charley’s Restaurant, 6945 West Central Ave., 6:30 p.m. today. Information: 419-459-4985 or email@example.com.
● 2013 tax issues forum for senior citizens at The Toledo Club, 235 14 St., 11:30 a.m. Friday. Hosted by American Legion Toledo Post 335. $14 at the door. Information: 419-382-4401.
● Heart & Soul: Caring for Our Community hosts its ninth annual mental health benefit at The Birdcage inside Fifth Third Field, 6:30-10 p.m. Feb. 9. $40 per person in advance or $50 at the door. Cost includes dinner, entertainment, and parking. Silent auction. Information: 419-349-5643 or heartandsoultoledo.com.
● Making Sense of the American Civil War session three of five at the Lenawee District Library, 4459 West U.S. 223, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. The focus will be on the battle of Shiloh and the common soldier of the Civil War. Free.
● Annual Corn and Soybean Day Program at Sauder Farm and Founders Hall, 22611 Ohio 2, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Thursday. At the door: $45. Information: fulton.osu.edu or 419-337-9210.
● Monroe Conservation District annual meeting and pancake supper at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church Community Center, 1920 Lewis Ave., Ida, with supper serving from 6-6:45 p.m. and program beginning at 7 p.m Thursday. $8 for ages 12 and over. Children 11 and under eat free. Information: 734-241-7755, Ext. 3.
● Screening of Band of Sisters at the La-Z-Boy Meyer Theater at Monroe County Community College, 7 p.m. Friday. Presented by the Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. $8 for reserved seating. Tickets: 734-384-4272 or bandofsistersmovie.com.
● Cat Fanciers’ Association cat show at Monroe County Community College, 1555 Raisinville Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, $4 for kids 6-12. Information: cfa.org.
● Transition planning parent information night hosted by the Monroe County Parent Advisory Committee, at Airport High School’s Media Center, 11330 Grafton Rd., Carlton, 6-8 p.m. Feb. 6. Representatives of area community agencies will speak about post-high school services offered to graduates. Free. Reservations required. Information: 734-654-6208, ext. 2039 or 734-242-5799, ext. 1916.
● Northwest Ohio River Runners meeting at Friendship Park Community Center, 2930 131 St., 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Guest speaker will be Geoff Cornish of WTVG 13. Information: nworr.org.
Sunday Breakfast at Riverview Yacht Club, 5981 Edgewater Dr., 8:30-11:30 a.m. every Sunday. Menu: Eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, ham, biscuits/gravy, made to order omelets, french toast, pancakes, breakfast burrittos, toast, juice, and coffee. Cost: $7 adults; $6 seniors; $5 children. Public welcome. Benefits the 2013 Commodore's Ball. 419-729-9251.
VFW Post 9656 all-you-can-eat breakfast, 4120 Piehl Rd., Lambertville, Michigan, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Sunday. Menu: Scrambled eggs, sausage links, ham slice, pancakes, french toast, fried potatoes, sausage gravy/biscuits, orange juice, fruit cup, and coffee. Cost: $6 adults; $5 seniors over 60; $3.50 children 6-12; children under 6 free. Details: 734-856-3245.
Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Rt. 109, Delta, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. every Sunday. All you can eat breakfast. Cost: $6.50 for adults; $4 for children ages 4-12, and free for children under 3. 419-822-4526.
Just Pancakes at Salem Lutheran Church, 1125 N. Huron St., 8-10 a.m. every Saturday. Free. 419-693-9082.
At the Library
Delta Public Library
402 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3110.
● Library board meetings, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
● Storytime for ages 3 1/2-5 years, 10 a.m. Tuesdays.
Sylvania Branch Library
6749 Monroe St.; 419-882-2089.
● Homework helper, 3 p.m. Wednesdays.
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
325 Michigan St., Toledo; 419-259-5381.
● Ahoy! Pirates Party, 11 a.m.-noon Saturday. Free for children of all ages.
● Discussion of The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver, 2 p.m. Feb. 7.
● Everything EBooks seminars to be held at the library downtown, as well as at various branches in the Toledo area. Please call for details.
Washington Branch Library
5560 Harvest Lane; 419-259-5330.
● Family storytime, 7 p.m. Tuesdays. Ages 2 and up.
● Babytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 1-2.
● Preschool storytime, 10:45 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 2-5.
Bedford Branch Library
8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance; 734-847-6747.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Thursdays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Toddler storytime, 10-10:30 a.m. Saturdays. Ages 12-36 months. Registration required.
● Tai chi for health, 10:30 a.m.-noon Tuesday. Warm-up begins at 10:15 a.m.
● Glass City Miniatures Guild meeting, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday.
● Friends of the Library meeting, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday.
● Paws To Read session, 7-8 p.m. Wednesday. Read aloud to a therapy dog. Registration required.
● Michigan Works, 9 a.m.-noon Thursday. Receive local job application information.
● Alternative book club, 5-6:30 p.m. Thursday.
● One-on-one computer help, 1-3 p.m. Fridays. You are welcome to bring your own devices you want help with. Registration required.
Dundee Branch Library
144 E. Main St., Dundee; 734-529-3310.
● Toddler Storytime, 9-10 a.m. and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Lego building, 4-5 p.m. Wednesday. Registration required.
Ida Branch Library
3016 Lewis Ave., Ida, Mich.; 734-269-2191.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Registration required.
● Toddler storytime, 10 a.m. Thursdays. Registration required.
● ATLAS, 3:30 p.m. Thursday. Registration required.
Maybee Branch Library
8060 Raisin St, Maybee, Mich.; 734-587-3680
● Winter craft session, 10-11 a.m. Saturday. Registration required.
Rasey Memorial Branch Library
4349 Oak St., Luna Pier, Mich.; 734-848-4572.
● Knit nite, 6 p.m. Tuesdays. Bring projects and share ideas with other knitters and crochet buffs.
Summerfield-Petersburg Branch Library
60 E. Center St., Petersburg; 734-279-1025.
● Small Fries, 10 a.m. Fridays.
● Toddler storytime, 10 a.m. Fridays for children 12-36 months. Registration required.
● Knitting Hats for Little Heads, 6 p.m. Thursdays.
Tecumseh District Library
215 N. Ottawa St.; 517-423-2238.
● Local history program: Saline, A Strong Community with Deep Cultural Roots, 7 p.m. Jan. 29. Free.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Sylvania Senior Center
7140 Sylvania Ave.; 419-885-3913.
Lunch from 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. weekdays. Suggested donation: 60-plus $2.50; others, $5.32. Reservations required.
Strength and balance, 1-2 p.m. Wednesday and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Friday. Call for registration.
Friendship Park Community Center
2930-131 St., Point Place; 419-936-3079.
Today: Computer classes, 9 a.m.; Concerned Citizens, 12:30 p.m.; exercise, 3 p.m.
Tuesday: Shuffleboard, 9:15 a.m.; Point Place Seniors, 11 a.m.
Wednesday: Health clinic, 9 a.m.; line dancing, 9:30 a.m.
Thursday: Exercise, 9 a.m.; shuffleboard, 10 a.m.; euchre, 12:30 p.m.
Friday: Bingo, 9:30 a.m.
Archbold Nutrition Site
Ruihley Park, Scout Cabin, Archbold; 419-445-3590.
Nan Buehrer from Fairlawn, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Just Us 2 musical performance, 11 a.m. Jan. 30.
Fayette Nutrition Site
105 E. Main St., Fayette; 419-237-1340.
Shalom Ministries, 11 a.m. Jan. 29.
Fulton County Senior Center
240 Clinton St., Wauseon; 419-337-9299.
Medicare fraud informational seminar, 11 a.m. Jan. 28.
Swanton Nutrition Site
210 N. Main St., Swanton; 419-826-9776.
Meeting with Meredith Grime, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Frenchtown Senior Center
2786 Vivian Rd., Monroe; 734-243-6210.
Today: Bridge, 9 a.m.; quilt class, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 10 a.m.
Tuesday: Acrylic painting, 12:30 p.m,; Bunco Babes, 1 p.m.; Chix and Stix, 1 p.m.
Wednesday: Hand and foot care, 9 a.m.; Euchre, 9:30 a.m.; tap dance class, 11 a.m.; Pinochle, 12:45 p.m.
Thursday: Pool league, 1 p.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.
Friday: Swedish weaving, 9 a.m.; watercolor class, 12:30 p.m.; bingo, 1 p.m.
Monroe Center for Healthy Aging
15275 S. Dixie Hwy., Monroe; 734-241-0404.
Today: Woodhaven Ford Retiree breakfast, 8 a.m.; exercise, 9:15 a.m.; hearing support, 10 a.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.
Tuesday: Computer class, 9:30 a.m.; chair yoga, 10 a.m.; bingo, 1:30 p.m.; coin club, 7 p.m.
Wednesday: Neighbors’ breakfast, 9 a.m.; euchre, 9:15 a.m.; yoga, 5:30 p.m.
Thursday: Good Time Cruisers breakfast, 10 a.m.; computer class, 9:30 a.m.; bible study, 1 p.m.
Friday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; exercise, 9:15 a.m.