● East of Cheyenne classic country band performance at the Sylvania American Legion, 5580 Centennial Rd., 7-10:30 p.m. Friday. Information: 419-257-2323.
● Woodrow Preschool open house at 5900 Woodrow Ave., 10 a.m.-noon Saturday. Tour the school and meet the staff. Information: 419-885-2451 or sylvaniachildcare.org.
● Movie night hosted by the Men’s Group at Sylvania First United Methodist Church, 7000 Erie St., 5 p.m. Sunday. For fathers and their children. Pizza followed by the movie. Free tickets are available at the church. Information: 419-882-2205.
● Toledo Base Submarine Veterans monthly meeting at Charley’s Restaurant, 6945 West Central Ave., 6:30 p.m. today. Information: 419-459-4985 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● 2013 tax issues forum for senior citizens at The Toledo Club, 235 14 St., 11:30 a.m. Friday. Hosted by American Legion Toledo Post 335. $14 at the door. Information: 419-382-4401.
● Heart & Soul: Caring for Our Community hosts its ninth annual mental health benefit at The Birdcage inside Fifth Third Field, 6:30-10 p.m. Feb. 9. $40 per person in advance or $50 at the door. Cost includes dinner, entertainment, and parking. Silent auction. Information: 419-349-5643 or heartandsoultoledo.com.
● Making Sense of the American Civil War session three of five at the Lenawee District Library, 4459 West U.S. 223, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. The focus will be on the battle of Shiloh and the common soldier of the Civil War. Free.
● Annual Corn and Soybean Day Program at Sauder Farm and Founders Hall, 22611 Ohio 2, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Thursday. At the door: $45. Information: fulton.osu.edu or 419-337-9210.
● Monroe Conservation District annual meeting and pancake supper at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church Community Center, 1920 Lewis Ave., Ida, with supper serving from 6-6:45 p.m. and program beginning at 7 p.m Thursday. $8 for ages 12 and over. Children 11 and under eat free. Information: 734-241-7755, Ext. 3.
● Screening of Band of Sisters at the La-Z-Boy Meyer Theater at Monroe County Community College, 7 p.m. Friday. Presented by the Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. $8 for reserved seating. Tickets: 734-384-4272 or bandofsistersmovie.com.
● Cat Fanciers’ Association cat show at Monroe County Community College, 1555 Raisinville Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, $4 for kids 6-12. Information: cfa.org.
● Transition planning parent information night hosted by the Monroe County Parent Advisory Committee, at Airport High School’s Media Center, 11330 Grafton Rd., Carlton, 6-8 p.m. Feb. 6. Representatives of area community agencies will speak about post-high school services offered to graduates. Free. Reservations required. Information: 734-654-6208, ext. 2039 or 734-242-5799, ext. 1916.
● Northwest Ohio River Runners meeting at Friendship Park Community Center, 2930 131 St., 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Guest speaker will be Geoff Cornish of WTVG 13. Information: nworr.org.
Sunday Breakfast at Riverview Yacht Club, 5981 Edgewater Dr., 8:30-11:30 a.m. every Sunday. Menu: Eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, ham, biscuits/gravy, made to order omelets, french toast, pancakes, breakfast burrittos, toast, juice, and coffee. Cost: $7 adults; $6 seniors; $5 children. Public welcome. Benefits the 2013 Commodore's Ball. 419-729-9251.
VFW Post 9656 all-you-can-eat breakfast, 4120 Piehl Rd., Lambertville, Michigan, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Sunday. Menu: Scrambled eggs, sausage links, ham slice, pancakes, french toast, fried potatoes, sausage gravy/biscuits, orange juice, fruit cup, and coffee. Cost: $6 adults; $5 seniors over 60; $3.50 children 6-12; children under 6 free. Details: 734-856-3245.
Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Rt. 109, Delta, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. every Sunday. All you can eat breakfast. Cost: $6.50 for adults; $4 for children ages 4-12, and free for children under 3. 419-822-4526.
Just Pancakes at Salem Lutheran Church, 1125 N. Huron St., 8-10 a.m. every Saturday. Free. 419-693-9082.
At the Library
Delta Public Library
402 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3110.
● Library board meetings, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
● Storytime for ages 3 1/2-5 years, 10 a.m. Tuesdays.
Sylvania Branch Library
6749 Monroe St.; 419-882-2089.
● Homework helper, 3 p.m. Wednesdays.
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
325 Michigan St., Toledo; 419-259-5381.
● Ahoy! Pirates Party, 11 a.m.-noon Saturday. Free for children of all ages.
● Discussion of The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver, 2 p.m. Feb. 7.
● Everything EBooks seminars to be held at the library downtown, as well as at various branches in the Toledo area. Please call for details.
Washington Branch Library
5560 Harvest Lane; 419-259-5330.
● Family storytime, 7 p.m. Tuesdays. Ages 2 and up.
● Babytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 1-2.
● Preschool storytime, 10:45 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 2-5.
Bedford Branch Library
8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance; 734-847-6747.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Thursdays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Toddler storytime, 10-10:30 a.m. Saturdays. Ages 12-36 months. Registration required.
● Tai chi for health, 10:30 a.m.-noon Tuesday. Warm-up begins at 10:15 a.m.
● Glass City Miniatures Guild meeting, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday.
● Friends of the Library meeting, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday.
● Paws To Read session, 7-8 p.m. Wednesday. Read aloud to a therapy dog. Registration required.
● Michigan Works, 9 a.m.-noon Thursday. Receive local job application information.
● Alternative book club, 5-6:30 p.m. Thursday.
● One-on-one computer help, 1-3 p.m. Fridays. You are welcome to bring your own devices you want help with. Registration required.
Dundee Branch Library
144 E. Main St., Dundee; 734-529-3310.
● Toddler Storytime, 9-10 a.m. and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Lego building, 4-5 p.m. Wednesday. Registration required.
Ida Branch Library
3016 Lewis Ave., Ida, Mich.; 734-269-2191.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Registration required.
● Toddler storytime, 10 a.m. Thursdays. Registration required.
● ATLAS, 3:30 p.m. Thursday. Registration required.
Maybee Branch Library
8060 Raisin St, Maybee, Mich.; 734-587-3680
● Winter craft session, 10-11 a.m. Saturday. Registration required.
Rasey Memorial Branch Library
4349 Oak St., Luna Pier, Mich.; 734-848-4572.
● Knit nite, 6 p.m. Tuesdays. Bring projects and share ideas with other knitters and crochet buffs.
Summerfield-Petersburg Branch Library
60 E. Center St., Petersburg; 734-279-1025.
● Small Fries, 10 a.m. Fridays.
● Toddler storytime, 10 a.m. Fridays for children 12-36 months. Registration required.
● Knitting Hats for Little Heads, 6 p.m. Thursdays.
Tecumseh District Library
215 N. Ottawa St.; 517-423-2238.
● Local history program: Saline, A Strong Community with Deep Cultural Roots, 7 p.m. Jan. 29. Free.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Sylvania Senior Center
7140 Sylvania Ave.; 419-885-3913.
Lunch from 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. weekdays. Suggested donation: 60-plus $2.50; others, $5.32. Reservations required.
Strength and balance, 1-2 p.m. Wednesday and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Friday. Call for registration.
Friendship Park Community Center
2930-131 St., Point Place; 419-936-3079.
Today: Computer classes, 9 a.m.; Concerned Citizens, 12:30 p.m.; exercise, 3 p.m.
Tuesday: Shuffleboard, 9:15 a.m.; Point Place Seniors, 11 a.m.
Wednesday: Health clinic, 9 a.m.; line dancing, 9:30 a.m.
Thursday: Exercise, 9 a.m.; shuffleboard, 10 a.m.; euchre, 12:30 p.m.
Friday: Bingo, 9:30 a.m.
Archbold Nutrition Site
Ruihley Park, Scout Cabin, Archbold; 419-445-3590.
Nan Buehrer from Fairlawn, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Just Us 2 musical performance, 11 a.m. Jan. 30.
Fayette Nutrition Site
105 E. Main St., Fayette; 419-237-1340.
Shalom Ministries, 11 a.m. Jan. 29.
Fulton County Senior Center
240 Clinton St., Wauseon; 419-337-9299.
Medicare fraud informational seminar, 11 a.m. Jan. 28.
Swanton Nutrition Site
210 N. Main St., Swanton; 419-826-9776.
Meeting with Meredith Grime, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Frenchtown Senior Center
2786 Vivian Rd., Monroe; 734-243-6210.
Today: Bridge, 9 a.m.; quilt class, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 10 a.m.
Tuesday: Acrylic painting, 12:30 p.m,; Bunco Babes, 1 p.m.; Chix and Stix, 1 p.m.
Wednesday: Hand and foot care, 9 a.m.; Euchre, 9:30 a.m.; tap dance class, 11 a.m.; Pinochle, 12:45 p.m.
Thursday: Pool league, 1 p.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.
Friday: Swedish weaving, 9 a.m.; watercolor class, 12:30 p.m.; bingo, 1 p.m.
Monroe Center for Healthy Aging
15275 S. Dixie Hwy., Monroe; 734-241-0404.
Today: Woodhaven Ford Retiree breakfast, 8 a.m.; exercise, 9:15 a.m.; hearing support, 10 a.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.
Tuesday: Computer class, 9:30 a.m.; chair yoga, 10 a.m.; bingo, 1:30 p.m.; coin club, 7 p.m.
Wednesday: Neighbors’ breakfast, 9 a.m.; euchre, 9:15 a.m.; yoga, 5:30 p.m.
Thursday: Good Time Cruisers breakfast, 10 a.m.; computer class, 9:30 a.m.; bible study, 1 p.m.
Friday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; exercise, 9:15 a.m.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.