Loading…
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
HomeNewsLocal
Published: Sunday, 7/20/2003

Vehicle auction brings $81,925 in for police

A Toledo police auction of 112 abandoned or forfeited vehicles yielded $81,925 yesterday, an about-average total compared to those of such quarterly auctions in recent years held during summer.

An abandoned 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee went for $4,100. Among the forfeited vehicles, a 1993 Cadillac Eldorado was bought for $3,100. The bargain of the day was a 1992 Dodge Dynasty, which was sold for $50.

The police department's law enforcement trust fund will get $5,300 for the auction of four forfeited vehicles. Of the remaining $76,625 for the other 108 vehicles, towing companies will get 80 percent. Auction expenses are deducted from the other 20 percent, and the remainder goes to the city's general operating fund, Officer Dalton Wilkinson said.

About 300 people registered to participate in the auction.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.






Poll