BOWLING GREEN - A Bowling Green man was acquitted yesterday on all but one charge stemming from the alleged kidnapping, rape, and assault of a Weston, Ohio, woman in November.
Following a three-day trial in Wood County Common Pleas Court, a jury deliberated three hours before returning not-guilty verdicts on the kidnapping and rape charges, but found David A. Burks, 32, guilty of aggravated assault. Judge Robert Pollex released him on his own recognizance and scheduled sentencing for June 8.
Bowling Green police arrested Burks Dec. 1 after a woman he had been dating said the two argued and then Burks tied her up with a phone cord, choked her, and raped her. The victim said she was choked and assaulted again the next morning.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.