Loading…
Friday, April 25, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
HomeNewsLocal
Published: Tuesday, 6/26/2007

Toledo man's sentencing is delayed

The sentencing of a man charged with felonious assault with a firearm specification, who was shot by Toledo police last year, was postponed yesterday until July 9.

Lucas County Common Pleas Judge Denise Ann Dartt agreed to allow Charles Johnson, 26, to remain free for medical reasons. Mr. Johnson's attorney, Peter Rost, said his client has "post-surgical issues" because of the shooting.

He was shot twice when he pointed a gun at two police officers during an incident Nov. 8 at 727 North Michigan St.

Police went to the residence after a woman called 911 and told police she escaped the home after she was held at gunpoint for about four hours during a domestic dispute.

Mr. Johnson withdrew his previous plea of not guilty May 23 and pleaded guilty.

Mr. Rost said his client faces a mandatory one-year sentence for the firearm specifications plus three to 10 years for the felonious assault.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.



Poll