Loading…
Thursday, November 27, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
HomeNewsLocal
Published: Sunday, 11/23/2008

Family evacuates home after dryer catches fire

MONROE A dryer fire Sunday forced a family in Monroe County from their home, authorities said.

Dean Sokol and his family, which includes Mr. Sokol s wife and at least one child, escaped unharmed from the two-story home at 4214 East Dunbar Rd.

The fire started about 8:45 a.m. in the dryer in the first-floor laundry room, township Fire Chief Larry Merkle said.

The dryer caught fire and set clothes on fire that were near the dryer, Chief Merkle said. The fire was confined to the laundry room, but there was smoke damage throughout the house.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.








Poll