Loading…
Saturday, December 20, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
HomeNewsLocal
Published: Monday, 12/8/2008

House fire displaces North Toledo family

A fire that started in the basement of a North Toledo home left a family homeless Sunday, Toledo firefighters said.

Battalion Chief Frank Keating said a sofa in the basement of 25 West Pearl St. caught fire about 3:20 p.m. from an overloaded electrical cord, which was powering a heater.

The owner of the home, Ronald Ensley, attempted to extinguish the blaze himself, but had to evacuate his wife and children when the fire got too intense, Chief Keating said.

He estimated the damage at about $30,000. The displaced family was staying with relatives Sunday night.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.








Poll