An apparent natural gas explosion about 9:10 a.m. Friday caused evacuation of the Perrysburg Police Department building in the 200 block of West Indiana Avenue.
No injuries were reported, authorities said. Everyone has been allowed to return to the building.
Chris Kozak, a Columbia Gas spokesman, said the building s boiler was not venting properly due to the extreme cold.
"Instead of venting out, it vented back in," Mr. Kozak said. "We took readings in the facility to make sure there were no gas leaks and we did not turn off gas to the building."
He said there appeared to be minimal damage, mostly confined to the boiler itself.
Columbia Gas was called at 9:08 a.m. to investigate an odor at the building. A crew arrived at 9:30 a.m.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.