The Sylvania Township Meijer store, which was closed Friday morning, after a natural gas line was severed, reopened at 1:30 p.m.
Customers were evacuated, and there were no injuries.
A woman became short of breath after she left the store, a Meijer spokesman said.
The woman likely was short of breath, he said, from being rushed out of the store when it was evacuated. Additional information on the woman was unavailable.
Township police said fire crews arrived at 10:24 a.m. at the store at 7240 West Central Ave. Two life squads were also dispatched.
The gas leak was in the vicinity of the back of the store, behind the walls in a storage area, the spokesman said.
A forklift moving stock around struck a heater hung from the ceiling and broke a natural gas line feeding the heater, township fire authorities said.
The store reopened at 1:30 p.m. Friday.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.