Loading…
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
HomeNewsLocal
Published: Wednesday, 4/29/2009

Woman hurt in West Toledo apartment fire

BLADE STAFF

A woman was taken to a hospital early Wednesday from the scene of West Toledo apartment fire that started when food cooking on a stove caught fire, authorities said.

The woman, whose name was not released, was taken to Toledo Hospital, according to the Lucas County EMS. Her name and condition were not released.

The woman escaped from her apartment at 2306 Torrey Hill Dr. at Milburn Avenue near Ottawa Park just before fire crews arrived about 1 a.m., found the fire, and evacuated the building, according to the Toledo Fire Department.

Firefighters confined the fire to the apartment where it had started from the food left cooking on the stove, firefighters said. They brought the fire under control within about 20 minutes, a fire dispatcher said.

The cause of the fire was listed as unattended cooking. Fire damage was estimated at $40,000, said Battalion Chief Bill Hickey.

The Lucas County Auditor s Web site lists the owner of the three-story building as Neighborhood Properties Inc. It was built in 1940.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.






Poll