A strip mall in the 5200 block of Monroe Street in West Toledo was evacuated Friday morning for about 90 minutes for a gas leak at one of the restaurants there, authorities said.
Fire crews arrived about 8:20 a.m., registered the smell of a natural gas additive, and evacuated the mall. There were no reported injuries.
Columbia Gas crews arrived about 8:40 a.m., located a gas leak inside the Basin Bar & Grill, and shut the service to the restaurant pending repairs.
The rest of the businesses resumed their normal functions about 9:50 a.m., utility spokesman Chris Kozak said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.