MONROE Monroe police rescued a man from a burning building in the Village Green apartment complex early Tuesday, authorities said.
Timothy Kundrat, 54, who had suffered smoke inhalation, was admitted to Mercy Memorial Hospital, Monroe police said. A hospital spokesman said Tuesday she had no information about a person by that name.
Monroe police and fire units arrived at 1625 Kings Ct. about 12:30 a.m., saw that apartment C was engulfed in flames, and pulled its resident to safety. Firefighters extinguished the blaze within several minutes.
Fire damage was limited to the apartment, and two adjoining apartments sustained smoke damage, authorities said. No damage estimate was available.
Monroe Fire Chief Joe Mominee said that the fire is under investigation by the Monroe County fire investigation team, which released no additional information Tuesday.