Students and staff at All Saints Catholic School and some congregation members in All Saints Catholic Church on Lime City Road in Rossford were evacuated Monday morning after smoke was reported in the school offices.
Fire crews took awhile to find the source of the smoke, said James Verbosky, Rossford's fire chief. One of the air conditioning units on the roof had a faulty bearing, causing the smoke, he said.
The unit was turned off, the smoke was cleared, and students and employees returned to school and their offices at 9:49 a.m. They were evacuated at 8:46 a.m.
About 300 students were evacuated from the school, the chief said, and about 40 from the church where a Mass was being conducted.
Damage estimate was about $1,000. There were no injuries, Chief Verbosky said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.