Students and staff at All Saints Catholic School and some people attending Mass in All Saints Catholic Church on Lime City Road in Rossford were evacuated Monday morning after smoke was reported in the school offices.
An air-conditioning unit with a faulty bearing was the source of the smoke, Fire Chief James Verbosky said. The unit was turned off, smoke was cleared, and people were allowed inside about an hour later.
About 300 students were evacuated, the chief said, and about 40 people were evacuated from the church.
There were no injuries, Chief Verbosky said. Damage was estimated at about $1,000.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.