Loading…
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
HomeNewsLocal
Published: Wednesday, 4/14/2010

East Toledo laundromat fire started in lint traps

BLADE STAFF

A blaze at an East Toledo laundromat started with buildup in the lint traps of the dryers, authorities said.

The fire was reported about 4:30 a.m. Wednesday at Superior Coin Laundry, 1013 Starr Ave. Smoke and flames were showing through the roof of the structure upon arrival, Battalion Chief Jerry Abair said.

Though the mesh screens that capture lint from the dryers may be cleaned, fires often start with the fuzz and lint that falls below the mesh traps, Chief Abair said. Fire crews often encourage residents to vaccuum out those vents from underneath the machine, he said.

The blaze caused about $40,000 in damage.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.






Poll