Loading…
Thursday, July 30, 2015
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
HomeNewsLocal
Published: Monday, 9/20/2010

Murder, new assault charges in serial stabbings

ASSOCIATED PRESS

FLINT, Mich. — A Michigan prosecutor has announced a murder charge and four new assault charges against a man suspected in a series of stabbings in the Flint area and two other states.

Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton said Monday that Elias Abuelazam is charged with open murder in the Aug. 2 killing of Arnold Minor in Flint. If convicted, Abuelazam faces life in prison with no chance of parole.

Leyton also says he's bringing assault with intent to murder charges in four more attacks. Five men in the Flint area were killed and nine others were injured in a series of stabbings between May and August.

The 33-year-old Abuelazam already had been charged in one attempted murder case and is jailed.

Abuelazam also is suspected in attacks in Virginia and Ohio.


Recommended for You


Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.








Poll