Residents who were evacuated from homes around the Alva Street and Peru Street intersection following a natural gas leak earlier Thursday have been allowed to return to their homes, the Toledo Fire Department reported.
Columbia Gas crews were called out to fix the leak at around 9:20 a.m. after AT&T workers in the area hit a gas line, Lieutenant Tom Lucki with the Toledo Fire Department said.
Ray Frank, a spokesman for Columbia Gas, said the leak was in a main gas line and two customers had their gas service affected. He said the crews stopped the leak quickly and expected to restore the interrupted service later this afternoon.
Search: Go →