A one-hour walking tour of Waterville’s historic district will be offered at 2 p.m. July 30, starting at the Robbins House Museum, 114 South River Rd.
A guide from the Waterville Historical Society will provide information about the area’s architecture and history. From 1 to 4 p.m. on the same day, the Wakeman Archival Research Center at 401 Farnsworth Rd. will be open, as will the 1838 Robbins House and the 1834 Sargent House.
The center’s usual summer hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesdays. It holds many records of Waterville organizations, businesses, churches, cemeteries and family files as well as old photos and maps.
The Robbins House is restored and decorated to represent a pre-Civil War home. The Sargent House has artifacts of early Waterville commerce, construction methods of the early pioneers, and Native American items.
There is no admission fee, but a $1 donation is requested for a walking tour brochure. The various activities will be offered again Aug. 27.