BOWLING GREEN -- A Bowling Green State University student from Vermilion, Ohio, was found dead in her off-campus apartment Wednesday night.
BGSU Spokesman Dave Kielmeyer said Hilary Mankin, 20, reportedly had been ill for several days. Bowling Green police said Ms. Mankin's roommate found her not breathing and called 911 about 10:20 p.m.
Ms. Mankin, a junior theater major and resident adviser in Kreischer Compton Residence Hall, was the 10th BGSU student to die since August, Mr. Kielmeyer said. Five students died from injuries sustained in traffic crashes, one committed suicide, three died after illnesses, and a ruling has yet to be issued in one death.
A spokesman for Wood County Coroner Dr. Douglas Hess said autopsy results are not complete for Kayleigh Chambers, 20, of Delta, who was found dead in her off-campus apartment April 26 after her boyfriend called police saying she had a gun and was threatening to harm herself.
- Dozens attend forum on future of WBGU-TV
- 1st of 3 public forums set over WBGU-TV
- Edward William Rudd (1934-2015): Machinist involved in Bedford school boosters, athletics
- James. J. Petiniot (1938-2015): Longtime coach, club founder brought running to many
- Edward M. Dolin (1930-2015): Pharmacist had reputation for service, care