BOWLING GREEN -- A Bowling Green State University student from Vermilion, Ohio, was found dead in her off-campus apartment Wednesday night.
BGSU Spokesman Dave Kielmeyer said Hilary Mankin, 20, reportedly had been ill for several days. Bowling Green police said Ms. Mankin's roommate found her not breathing and called 911 about 10:20 p.m.
Ms. Mankin, a junior theater major and resident adviser in Kreischer Compton Residence Hall, was the 10th BGSU student to die since August, Mr. Kielmeyer said. Five students died from injuries sustained in traffic crashes, one committed suicide, three died after illnesses, and a ruling has yet to be issued in one death.
A spokesman for Wood County Coroner Dr. Douglas Hess said autopsy results are not complete for Kayleigh Chambers, 20, of Delta, who was found dead in her off-campus apartment April 26 after her boyfriend called police saying she had a gun and was threatening to harm herself.
- B.G. tire-theft suspect arrested
- Thomas Webb Jr: 1948-2015; Corporate lawyer was on chamber, symphony boards
- Dr. John M. Croci: 1947-2015: Family physician graduated with 1st class at MCO
- Kenneth G. Colthorpe, 1922-2015: Pilot aided WWII fight against Japan
- New B.G. Flight Center opens