DELTA, Ohio -- A 91-year-old Fulton County man died Thursday after the car he was driving overturned in a ditch near his home, according to the Ohio Highway Patrol.
Edward B. Stone of Swan Creek Township was driving east on Fulton County Road B, just east of County Road 7, about 12:10 a.m. Thursday when the car went off the left side of the road, struck a ditch embankment, and overturned in the ditch, which was filled with about 1.5 feet of water, according to the patrol's Toledo post.
A resident near the crash site in Swan Creek Township, about five miles south of Delta, called 911 and Mr. Stone was flown to Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 2:04 a.m. The crash remains under investigation
- Frances Haddad: 1926-2014; Former Hobby Stop co-owner was community-minded
- Community center chief won grants
- Virginia Starr: 1927-2014; B.G. professor performed at Europe, U.S. opera houses
- Educator believed in teaching sound Catholic principles
- Nun taught, led schools in Port Clinton, Mich., Toledo