A fund has been set up to raise money for the family of a Springfield Township man killed July 5 in a severe thunderstorm.
Donations on behalf of Chris Zimmerman, 35, will be accepted at all Toledo-area KeyBank branches, Springfield school officials said.
Mr. Zimmerman, a Springfield High School graduate and father of two Springfield students, was rolling up the windows in his Ford Expedition when a tree fell on his vehicle's roof.
- Roger Ptak: 1938-2014: Physics professor at BGSU led astronomy department
- EMA reviewing policy after false tornado sirens
- Former Hobby Stop co-owner was community-minded
- Community center chief won grants
- Virginia Starr: 1927-2014; B.G. professor performed at Europe, U.S. opera houses