People gather for a centennial celebration at the former Monclova School, which now houses the Monclova Community Center. The structure had been vacant since the early 1970s and faced demolition in 1997. But a dedicated group of community members saved it from the wrecking ball. The festival Saturday featured refreshments, crafters, carriage rides, a parade with antique automobiles and tractors, and a silent auction.
Lolabel Lathrop of Holland, left, and her youngest daughter, Billie Szczepanski of Archbold, Ohio, look over yearbooks during the festival. Ms. Lathrop was a freshman at Monclova School in 1949.