ELLISTON, Ohio -- A Clay Township man was killed Wednesday when his riding lawn mower overturned into a ditch and pinned him, the Ottawa County Sheriff's Office reported.
Albert C. Boss, Jr., 75, of the 3000 block of North Elliston-Trowbridge Rd. was declared dead at the scene near the intersection of Moline-Martin and Nissen roads, deputies said.
Paramedics, township police, and a sheriff's deputy responded to the call at 2:06 p.m. and found the lawnmower in the ditch with Mr. Boss beneath it, partially under water.
Investigators say they believe he was mowing near the ditch and slid in while attempting to use a grassy crossover.41.54755 -83.2802
- LuAnne Taylor (1935-2015): Teaching never was ‘just a job’ for educator
- Richard C. Lawrence (1930-2015): Diner owner named in Obama speech
- Thomas Webb Jr: 1948-2015; Corporate lawyer was on chamber, symphony boards
- Dr. John M. Croci: 1947-2015: Family physician graduated with 1st class at MCO
- Kenneth G. Colthorpe, 1922-2015: Pilot aided WWII fight against Japan