FAYETTE, Ohio — A Wauseon man was killed Tuesday after being thrown from a motorcycle along State Rt. 66 in Franklin Township.
Jackie Frey, 54, was pronounced dead at the Fulton County Health Center, according to Ohio Highway Patrol troopers.
Troopers reported that Roy Vires, 61, of Fayette, was driving a pickup south on State Rt. 66 and was turning left onto eastbound County Road L, when he struck Mr. Frey, who was northbound on State Rt. 66, at about 5:53 a.m.
Mr. Frey was thrown from his motorcycle and landed in a grassy field, troopers said.
Troopers reported he was taken to the health center and pronounced dead at 6:38 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Fostoria man dies in crash of car, truck rig on U.S. 224
- Fiery crash in S. Toledo injures woman, kills man in stolen car
- Fiery 2-car crash in S. Toledo leaves 1 dead
- Fostoria man killed in car-truck collision on U.S. 224
- Man, 71, dies after crash with tractor-trailer