Each week during the construction season, The Blade’s Road Warrior highlights the major construction projects in Toledo and the surrounding area, noting where delays are worst and suggesting alternate routes.
There won’t be any more significant changes to the I-75 work zone in North Toledo until after the Independence Day weekend.
Ohio Department of Transportation engineers had said last month there could be a major traffic shift on the southbound side at I-280 just before the holiday. But late last week, ODOT reported the contractor rebuilding and widening I-75 in that area won’t be ready to open up new I-75 lanes there that soon.
When it does happen, the shift will change the lane from which southbound I-75’s exit to I-280 splits. Not making that kind of switch just before a holiday weekend, when more drivers than usual are likely to rely on navigation aids that won’t have current information, sounds like a good thing to me.
In Perrysburg, the northbound I-475/U.S. 23 entrance from State Rt. 25 will be closed from 7 p.m. Tuesday until 6 a.m. Wednesday, with a posted detour to the I-75 interchange at U.S. 20/23. The start of a no-left-turn restriction from southbound Route 25 to the freeway is now scheduled for 9 p.m. Thursday.
City crews will be out today and Tuesday at two western Toledo intersections patching pavement previously dug up for utility work.
Repairs at Dorr Street and Westwood Avenue/Douglas Road are expected to require only lane closings, with no turn restrictions, but work at Hill Avenue and Holland-Sylvania will block certain turns as well as through movements on southbound Holland-Sylvania and westbound Hill. Avoid the latter intersection today and Tuesday if you can.
1. I-75: Reconstruction and widening between I-475 and I-280 closes all ramps at Jeep Parkway except northbound exit, plus southbound entrance at Phillips. Detour to nearby interchanges. Southbound left lane closed between Ottawa River and I-280. Northbound lane closings possible I-280 to Ottawa River for sign work and noise-wall repairs. Nighttime and weekend lane closings possible on I-75 through the zone. Berdan Avenue and Jeep Parkway closed at their intersection for roundabout construction; Jeep reopens early August.
2. Anthony Wayne Bridge: One lane closed each way for bridge painting.
3. U.S. 20/State Rt. 120 (Central): Varying lane closings for median construction, paving, and other work between I-475 and Holland-Sylvania.
4. I-475, State Rt. 51 (Monroe): Monroe closed at I-475 for bridge redecking until late August. Detour via Secor, Central, and Douglas. Nighttime lane closings possible on I-475 at Monroe and at neighboring Bowen, which also is closed for bridge rehabilitation.
5. State Rt. 2 (Navarre): Varying lane closings between I-280 and Isaac Streets Drive until early November during construction of medians and U-turn lanes and traffic signal upgrades.
6. U.S. 20/23: Flag zones between Glenwood and State Rt. 420 for paving and bridge repair.
7. State Rt. 51 (Monroe), I-75: Lane closings at I-75 for bridge work, which also requires side-street closings at Monroe and occasional nighttime lane closings on I-75.
8. Bancroft Street: One lane each way at the Ottawa River, between Wyndhurst and Indian River, for bridge replacement.
9. Miami Street: Closed north of Fassett for bridge replacement at railroad through next week. Detour via Fassett and Oak.
10. I-475/U.S. 23, State Rt. 25: Route 25 reduced to one lane each way for interchange reconstruction. No left turn from southbound Route 25 to southbound I-475 entrance, with detour posted to turnaround. Nighttime lane closings possible on I-475.
11. I-280: Varying lane closings across the Veterans’ Glass City Skyway for maintenance.
12. I-75: Nighttime (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.) lane closings just south of State Rt. 582 for joint repairs and paving.
13. Jackman Road: Closed this week during working hours for paving between Sterns and Dean. Use Douglas or Lewis instead.
14. I-475/U.S. 23: Nighttime (9 p.m. to 7 a.m.) lane closings between U.S. 24 and Central for resurfacing through July.
15. State Rt. 184 (Alexis): Right lane closed in both directions between U.S. 24 (Telegraph) and I-75 for resurfacing. Additional work through September.
16. State Rt. 2: Flag zones in eastern Lucas County for resurfacing through July.
17. State Rt. 120 (Central): Lane closings between Upton and Cherry for resurfacing until early September.
OFF THE MAP
Ohio Turnpike: Traffic reduced to two lanes each way near the State Rt. 53 (Fremont) and State Rt. 4 (Bellevue) interchanges for pavement reconstruction. Each zone is about six miles long.
I-75: One of three lanes closed each way between Cygnet and Findlay for final paving after widening. Nighttime lane closings on the north side Findlay for reconstruction and widening.
U.S. 6: Flag zones and temporary traffic signals for resurfacing and bridge work in eastern Henry County.
U.S. 23 (Ohio), State Rt. 15: Lane closings on U.S. 23 and State Rt. 15 for bridge removal at two abandoned railroad grades near Carey.
U.S. 23 (Michigan): Ramp closings and weekday lane closings at and near the Summerfield interchange, with Summerfield closed at U.S. 23.
U.S. 68: Southbound U.S. 68 closed at exit ramp from State Rt. 15 south of Findlay for bridge work through mid-July.. Detour east on Route 15 to State Rt. 37, then return west to U.S. 68.
State Rt. 295: Flag zones between South River Road and State Rt. 64 for resurfacing.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.