● Secor Metropark programs, 10001 W. Central Ave.:
Under the Moon and Meteors Too 5K, Secor Room, 9:30-10:30 p.m. Saturday. Glow sticks line the route, just-for-fun run/walk. Stay for a nighttime sky filled with the Perseid Meteor Shower. Enjoy the light show until 12:30 a.m. Campfires, snacks, beverages, and a naturalist on-hand to answer questions. Bring a blanket or lawn chair. Cost: $5.
Naturalists Camera Club of Toledo, Secor Room, 2-4 p.m. Sunday. Guest speakers, photo instruction, club information, and light refreshments. NaturalistCameraClub.org, free. Reservations: 419-407-9701.
● Birchard Public Library programs, 423 Croghan St.:
Read Aloud Book Club for grades 5 and 6, 4-5 p.m. Tuesday and Aug. 15.
Pick of the Litter book discussion group, 7 p.m. Thursday.
Tween Anime Club, grades 4-6, 3:30-5 p.m. Friday.
Register/details: 419-334-7101 ext. 209.
● Genoa Branch Library programs, 602 West St.:
Funny Puppet Guy, 2 p.m. Tuesday.
Rock-painting activity for ages 6 and older, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
● Gibsonburg Public Library programs, 100 N. Webster St.:
Book and Munch Bunch, grades 4-7, 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Cookbook Club, 6:30 p.m. Aug. 14.
Register at 419-637-2173.
The Maumee Senior Center will host a Rethink Retirement class this week.
● Rethink Retirement class at Maumee Senior Center, 2430 S. Detroit Ave., 5:30 p.m. Aug. 21. Rediscover your passions, find new meaning, stay interested and interesting. Presented by Donna Martin, a retirement coach. Cost: $5. Register: 419-893-1994.
● Cherry Street Mission Ministries Master’s Golfing Fund-raiser at Brandywine Country Club, 6904 Salisbury Rd., shotgun start 1 p.m. Aug. 28. Four-person scramble $125 per golfer. Hole-in one contests. For details and sponsorships: cherrystreetmission.org or call Sam Guidry at 419-214-3008.
● Kimberli Okonski Celebration of Life Fund-raiser, 2 p.m. to 2 a.m. Aug. 12, Forestview Recreation Bar & Grill, 2345 W. Dean Rd., Temprance. Help us celebrate the life of Bedford alumni and mother of four adult children. Have fun and show your support of a local Bedford family. There will be bowling, volleyball, music, 50/50 raffles, silent auction, door prizes and more. Funds raised will help assist her family with final expenses. Cost: $15. Info: 734-847-4915 or email@example.com.
● Toledo East Women’s Connection Luncheon and Program: “Summer In The Park” at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman St., doors open 11:30 a.m., lunch at noon Thursday. Special feature: Jim Witter, Wood County Park District. Music: Lynn Kujawski of Toledo. Speaker: Nora White of Cleveland area, “Leaving a Legacy.” Cost: $11.50. Reservations: Dorothy, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
● VFW Post 9816 euchre tournaments, 1802 Ashcroft Dr., 2 p.m. Sundays. Cost: $10. Details, 419-725-9916.
● Way Public Library programs, 101 E. Indiana Ave.:
Android Class 2.0, 2 p.m. Wednesday, learn the basics.
Screening of Dirty Dancing, PG-13, 7 p.m. Aug. 14 and La La Land, PG-13, 2 and 6:30 p.m. Aug. 16, adults only for both movies.
● The Salvation Army is accepting applications for the “Tools for School Program” that assists families in Ottawa County who are in need of school supplies and book bags for the 2017-2018 school-year. Application forms available at the Sutter Center, 1854 E. Perry St., Suite 800; Jobs and Family Services and all libraries in Ottawa County. Contact: Maureen at 419-732-2769; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Friends of the Rossford Library Book Sale, 720 Dixie Hwy., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and noon-8 p.m. Aug. 14 (bag day).
● Heartbeat of Toledo, a pregnancy help center, seeks volunteers for the East Toledo and West Sylvania locations. Orientations for those interested will be at West Sylvania location, 4041 W. Sylvania Ave., 10 a.m.-noon Aug. 28. Details and to register: 419-241-9131 or heartbeattoledo.org.
● Sylvania Women’s Connection West’s luncheon, “Wholly Toledo,” Highland Meadows Golf Club, 7455 Erie St., 11:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Friday. Featuring Elissa Schmidt from Taste of Toledo. Guest speaker: Jennifer Botkin from Winchester, Indiana, topic will be “Jump for Joy.” Reservations suggested. Cost: $13. Information: 419-466-9701 or email@example.com.
● Beverly Block Watch meeting at Zion United Methodist Church, 2600 Copland Blvd., 7-8 p.m. Monday. Gas line replacement project with Erica Kizer, of Co lumbia Gas. Take a canned good as a donation to the Feed Your Neighbor Program.
● Birmingham Branch Library program, 203 Paine Ave.:
Art of Ancient Greece: the Berlin Painter for kids school aged, 4 p.m. Friday. Questions: 419-259-5210.
● Beautification Day with all hair cuts/styles free for kids at Savage Park, 650 Nebraska Ave., starting at 9 a.m. until last kid’s hair is done, Saturday and Sunday. We ask that hair be washed. There will also be a school supply giveaway. Questions: 419-984-8477.
● Lace It, Face It Walk for the Autism Society of Northwest Ohio at the Franklin Park Mall, 5001 Monroe St., registration 8 a.m., walk 9 a.m. Aug. 19. For details: asno.org.
● Lyons Universalist Church rummage sale, 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday through Friday, 145 E. Morenci St. Lyons, Ohio. Information: 517-403-0429.
● Euchre Tournament PRCUA Toledo Club, 7 p.m. Friday, 5255 N. Detroit Ave. Entry fee: $7.
● Sanger Friends of the Library book sales, 1 to 4 p.m. Aug. 18-20, 3030 W. Central Ave. Information: 419-259-5370.
● Bookbag Giveaway, a collaboration of Calvary Missionary Baptist Church and Toledo Public Schools at 702 Collingwood Blvd., noon Saturday. Food and refreshments. Music, games, and bounce house. Volunteer coaches will teach basketball related skills, volleyball, etc. Romules Durant at noon. Info: 419-242-6703.
● Wildwood Metroparks programs, 5100 W. Central Ave.:
Full Moon Hike: Families, front of School House, 9-10 p.m. Monday. Discover the wonders of the night. Dress accordingly for the weather. Registration: 419-407-9701.
● Free Dental Cleanings/Screenings for adults ages 50 and older at Mercy Health Senior Wellness Center, 545 Indiana Ave., 8:30 a.m. to noon every Thursday. Appointments are required with completed application. Information: Tiffany Paris, 419-251-8930.
● Westbrook Senior Village Block Watch meeting 6:30 p.m. every third Tuesday of each month except December. Information: 419-540-3911 or 567-742-4180.
● Clothe Our Neighbors at Trilby United Methodist Church, 5918 Secor Rd., clothing bank open from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. every Thursday. Please bring a picture ID and proof of residency and Social Security for any children in household. Information: 419-297-5590.
● Waterville Branch Library programs, 800 Michigan Ave.:
Classic movie for adults, 2 p.m. Wednesday, Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner.
Bookenders, adults, noon-1 p.m. Thursday.
Waterways of the Czars and Beyond, 6:30-8 p.m. Aug. 16. St. Petersburg and Baltic Waterway in Moscow, hosted by Tom and Nancy Verner.
Register at 419-878-3055 or toledolibrary.org.
● Farnsworth Metropark program, 8505 S. River Rd.:
Get to Know Your Trails, boat launch parking lot, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Aug. 16. Dress for the weather, bring water. Register, 419-407-9701.
● Blue Creek Conservation Area programs, 7825 Schadel Rd.:
Try It! Stand up Paddleboarding, ages 5 and older, Nona France Area, 5:30-6:30 p.m. and 7-8 p.m. Aug. 16, very basics. All boards and other paddling gear provided. Wear clothing and shoes to get wet (no cotton). Participants must be 9 or older to paddle their own SUP, children 5-7 must ride on a board with an adult guardian. Cost $12.
Campfire Cooking: Foraging for Food, Nona France Area, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Aug. 18. Hunt for an all-natural meal. Cooking equipment, food, recipes, and instructions. Bring a reusable plate, bowl, silverware, and mug to minimize the amount of waste generated. Cost $8. Register: 419-407-9701.
● Oak Openings Preserve program, 5402 Wilkins Rd.:
Mountain Biking 101, Manual Front Wheel Lift (ages 5-17), Springbrook Campground entrance, 10-11 a.m. Saturday. Learn basic off-road cycling and skills and confidence to ride tougher sections of trail. Bring your own bike, helmet, and water. Limited mountain bikes will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Register, 419-407-9701.
● Woodville Public Library programs, 101 E. Main St.:
Wednesday Book Club, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Off to the Fair for grades kindergarten to grade 6, 7 p.m. Aug. 14.
● Scott High School Class of 1949 Reunion luncheon, noon Thursday, The Black Pearl Restaurant, 4630 Heatherdowns Blvd. Reservation: Barbara Gillmore, 567-225-3242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Rossford High School Class of 1967 Reunion, noon Sept. 16, Carranor Hunt and Polo Club, 502 E. Second, Perrysburg. There will be a social hour at noon and lunch 1 p.m. Cost: $17.50 and cash bar is available. Reservations by Sept. 8. Information: 419-868-7670.
Programs from past reunions at the Waite High School Class of 1938 reunion in 2013. Classes from Waite, Whitmer, Rogers, Woodward, and several other area schools have reunions approaching.
● Sylvania High School Class of 1967 50th year reunion at Stone Oak Country Club, 100 Stone Oak Blvd., Holland, 5:30 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $45 per person. Information: 419-841-5710.
● Clay High School Class of 1968 Reunion picnic at Jerusalem Township Fire Hall, 9501 Jerusalem Rd., Curtice, Ohio, Saturday. Information: 419-836-4117, 419-270-2017, or email@example.com.
● Woodward High School Class of 1967 50 year Reunion at Angelo’s Northwood Villa, 6630 S. Dixie Hwy., Erie, Mich., 5:30 p.m. Aug. 18. Details: Cheryl Meileck Phillips, 419-754-6158; Carl Nillson, 419-865-7031; or Jim Gregory, 419-726-2029.
● Whitmer High School Class of 1949 68th Reunion at Angelo’s Northwood Villa, 6630 S. Dixie Hwy., Erie, Mich., 1 p.m. Aug.19. Information: 734-856-5823.
● Rogers High School Class of 1967 50 year Reunion at Brandywine Country Club, 5:30 p.m. Aug. 19. Classmates, friends, and teachers. Reservation contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org; Marsha (White) Degens 419-381-7606; or Marcia (Bowers) Ruegsegger, 419-277-6229.
● Waite High School Class of 1967 50 year Reunion, Aug. 26. Visit Waite Class of 1967 on Facebook for details or call 419-693-2248 or 419-836-7413.
● The (Salem) Oak Harbor High School Class of 1967 50th Anniversary Reunion at Oak Harbor Golf Club, 6-11 p.m. Oct. 14. Deadline is Aug. 31. Information: 419-250-0937; James.Young@SOH1967.org; or 419-376-3898, John.Kohlman@SOH1967.org.
● Scott High School Class of 1952 65th year Reunion at the Radisson Toledo, Sept. 8-10. Information: 239-454-2744 or email@example.com.
● USS WASP Association 2017 Reunion at the Pensacola Grand Hotel, 200 E. Gregory St., Pensacola, Florida, Sept. 10-14.Make reservations directly with the hotel by calling: 850-433-3336 ($150 registration fee). For details: Contact Rufus Wallace, 419-836-3283.
● Alzheimer’s Association Northwest Ohio Chapter offers support group help for caregivers in Toledo, 1 p.m. the fourth Thursday of each month, Parkcliffe Community, 4226 Parkcliffe Ln. Information: 419-381-9447.
● Heroin Hurts ... Hope Heals support group for families of addicts at Park Place House, 7805 Angola Rd., Springfield Township, 7-8:15 p.m. first Monday of every month. Details: 419-250-3132.
● Solace of Lucas County support group for those who have lost a loved one to drugs at the Dwelling Place, 8201 Angola Rd., Springfield Township, 7-8:15 p.m. second Tuesday of every month. Details: 419-250-3132.
● Prostate Cancer Support Group at Mercy St. Anne Hospital second floor-Cancer Center Library, 3404 W. Sylvania Ave., 6:30 p.m. fourth Monday of every month. For details, call: Roger, 419-346-2753 or Ernie 419-344-9830.
● Frogtown Low-Vision Support Group at Heatherdowns Branch Library, 3265 Glanzman Rd., 10 a.m.-noon first Wednesday of every month. Reservations: Paul or Jan Rachow at 419-867-8007 or frogtownvision.org.
● TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) 1648 support group meetings, 9:30-11 a.m. every Monday. Location/cost/details: 419-242-6789.
● Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meetings at Epworth United Methodist Church’s Room 206, 4855 W. Central Ave., 7 p.m. Mondays. Contact Joyce, 419-699-1007 or visit foodaddicts.org.